Sunday Best

Amanda was my little sister. I need to rant about what she wears to church on Sundays. While I was still at the college Amanda would dress like a slay queen at just 12. Anytime Amanda attends a birthday party or takes a picture with the celebrant you can never tell the celebrant apart from Amanda. My mum got matter worst she buys her classy top, jeans and doesn't buy her gown or skirt.
Something transpired between my mum and I. I burnt all the indecent cloths she bought for Amanda.
I told her "hey don't get me wrong. I'm all for convenience and comfort". But, torn jeans, shorts, Tee shirts, tank tops, crop tops, flip flops or sandals to church? On a Sunday? Pleeeaassee!!!!
She dresses in sweat pants or trekkers as if she is going to the gym...
Of course i have gotten some serious argument in defence, or shall I say in support of this casual dress sense. Whenever i ask My mum and Amanda... Sometimes I get the response "God doesn't care what you wear it's what's in the heart that matters" True but because it is the heart that counts and precisely i suggested they should stop this feeling or believe.
The term "Sunday Best" is an expression used when people are dressed in their finest. It originated from those cloths pat suited for going to church and that were reserved as one's best cloth for visiting God's house. I am not saying you need not to dress to the nine to attend Sunday service but surely you will agree with me when I state that wearing ripped jeans, Mini skirts, 6 inches above the knee, skin-tight leggings is unacceptable, and certainly church wears I said... so y do you wear it i asked.
Then she apologized and asked what type of cloth is acceptable for church service.
"A cute dress that stops just above the knee, hits right on the knee or a tad below is fine. Stay away from dresses that are too short, tight, or clingy. Reserve the backless dresses for parties or evening wears. Since you are more of a trouser kind girl, why not dress it up with a blazer and cute shoes.
Add a cardigan and a pearl necklace to conceal the bareness of spaghetti straps" I said...
She was really thankful and then I added this to it I told her she could share it with her friends and tell her male friends that get off easily that..."a nice crispy shirt, with formal trousers. Or try a cute polo Tees, light weight cords but not skinny will do up.
This was how I convinced Amanda and my mum from dressing like slays queens to church.
Written by Mabelayomikun