•7•

"HOW AM I SCREWING EVERYTHING UP?!?"

breakfast was admittedly proving to be a much harder challenge than silver initially thought.

they severely undercooked several eggs that were supposed to be omelets as well as completely burnt others, forgot to season any of them, and also forgot to mix in any other ingredients to improve the taste.

they tried to blame it on the shoddy stove at first; repairs certainly needed to be made to team skull's home base, and this included the stovetop!

however.. as more and more omelets failed to meet silver's high standards...

they realized this was DEFINITELY a problem with their cooking skills.

growing up rather wealthy meant they never had to worry about cooking anything for themselves, so obviously their skills were certainly... lacking.

"hey, is everything alright? i smelled burni- OH MY ARCEUS"

as guzma walked into the kitchen, ready to prepair an actually good breakfast, he saw silver simply lying on the floor in tears as smoke came from a pan that they had set aside, practically ruined from the egg being burnt onto it.

"WHAT THE HELL- WHAT HAPPENED?!"

guzma simply stood there in shock, looking to silver for answers to what happened as they slowly crawled over to him, crying and babbling nonsense like a complete baby.

"i- *sniff* i tried mm-making breakfast for youu *gasp-gasp* and- and i burnt eheverythinggg"

silver tried catching their breath as the tears fell rapidly down their face, but all efforts were in vain. they simply clung to guzma's feet, wailing about how they wanted to make it up to him after he let them come along on his mission yesterday.

guzma wiped a hand down his face and let out a lengthy sigh, kneeling down and picking silver up off of the ground.

they fell back into his chest immediately, clinging onto him and soaking his shirt with tears and snot.

"look- kid, im not mad- calm down, alright?"

they looked up from his chest, eyes shining and copius amount of snot running from their nose. guzma's face scrunched up uncomfortably at the sight.

"y-*sniff* you're not?"

their voice was scratchy and nasally as they hesitantly asked him the question, guzma sighed again, a soft smile gracing his features.

"arceus, i'm not mad. look, how 'bout i help you clean up and we can make some breakfast together, alright?"

he softly ruffled their hair, and a small, wobbly smile rose to their fave.

"okay *sniff, sigh*"

he gently broke the embrace before walking over to the stove, beginning to clean the mess silver had made as they began wiping their eyes and nose with their sleeves. they'd have to wash it later.

"and quit crying- you're grossing me out!"

—————————————

soon, the large mess had been cleaned, and it was finally time to start actually cooking something edible. guzma stood at the counter, mixing something in a large bowl as he spoke.

"we don't have a ton of time before the team gets here, so we might as well use these eggs to make somethin' simple since they're already out. how 'bout i teach you to make some scrambled eggs?"