Knowing You Better...

"I really feel like I'm being stalked..." Kaneki thought. Someone has been following him eversince the start of his last year in high school. He feels afraid since he doesn't have any friends or a family that he can go to when he needs help. "As long as they don't hurt me, I guess it's fine," he thought again, trying to calm himself.

There are no days when he doesn't feel like he's being followed. He would sometimes try to look back to see who it is but that guy seems to be good at hiding.

And then one day, he decided to stay late at the school library to read a book. He didn't have anything important to do anyway.

He was about to get the book from the shelf when a sudden hand brushed his. Kaneki immediately retrieved his hand, shocked, stared blankly at the blonde guy in front of him for a few seconds then looked away. "I-I'm sorry. Please, get the book for yourself," he said shyly, trying not to look at the guy. "Oh no, it's okay. You can have it, senpai," the blonde said, smiling brightly. "N-No--" Kaneki was cut off when the other guy continued, "...or is it okay to read it together...?"

"This seems awkward..." Kaneki thought to himself, trying to focus on the book they're reading. And yes, they did end up reading the book together...or rather reading the book by himself since he can notice the guy beside him just staring at him and not reading. No, it's Kaneki that the guy's reading. The awkward feeling went on for 4, 6, 8 more pages when Kaneki decided to react.

He glanced at the other boy but before he got to argue with him, he just stared at him. Kaneki blushed a bit. Well, who wouldn't anyway for that guy possessed the most adorable smile he's ever seen in his whole life. He took a deep breath and still asked, "Why are you just staring at me...?" His face got a bit more red than earlier. The other guy chuckled, making Kaneki look at him again...now confused. "You really look cute when you're reading, I just can't help but stare," the blonde told him confidenfly. Kaneki felt his heart flutter and his face is now red. "W-What are you saying? Aren't you e-embarrassed?" Kaneki looked back at the book, trying to calm himself. The blonde spoke once again, "Senpai, you see...I really like you." Kaneki lost it. His mind went blank. Couldn't blame him anyway, he has no friends, no family to support him, and then suddenly someone confessed to him, on top of it, it's a guy. Not that it really matters but he's just overwhelmed by the sudden happenings.

There was silence in the room. It's late anyway and they're all alone in the library. The blonde decided to break the ice and finally spoke up again, "I'm Nagachika Hideyoshi by the way. I'm a freshman. And just call me Hide." He smiled at Kaneki. "Kaneki Ken. Third year." He introduced himself also. There's silence again. Kaneki doesn't know what to say. He doesn't even know how to socialize, but Hide spoke once again, "Wanna hang out at my place?" Kaneki looked at him and then looked down, shook his head no, "Sorry, I barely even know you." Kaneki looked down...when suddenly Hide chuckled. He looked back at him, confused. "Of course haha! Sorry..." Hide said then smiled a bit and muttered, "You just need to know me better, right?" Kaneki didn't hear that clearly but Hide stood up, grinning, "Well, I better head home now...and you too as well. It's getting pretty late and dangerous." He ran towards the door but stopped in front of it then looked back and waved his hand, "See you tomorrow, Kaneki-senpai!" Hide had a really bright smile as he left. Kaneki was left there, blushing as he lay his back flat on the chair.

After that happening, there wasn't a day when-- "Kaneki-senpai, let's eat lunch together!" "Kaneki-senpai, i bought us snacks!" "Kaneki-senpai, where are you going after school?" "Kaneki-senpai, wanna go to Takatsuki Sen's book signing?" "Kaneki-senpai! Kaneki-senpai!" His days were filled with non-stop loudness of his kouhai but at the very least, he wasn't annoyed. It's actually kinda great that he has someone to talk to now. And the feeling of being stalked is finally gone.

One day, when they were eating lunch together, Kaneki shyly asked Hide something, "Err, Hide...were you the one stalking me back then...?" Hide looked at him with wide eyes with his mouth full and without hesitation, he answered, "Yeah!" And Kaneki's shyness went away and he chuckled a bit. "You're really honest. That's nice." All of his fears are now gone. He was more reassured now. Hide gulped down the food and smiled at Kaneki then muttered, "You're really cute." Kaneki was able to hear that and he blushed a bit then asked Hide, "Wanna come to my place after school?"

They are now walking together, on the way to Kaneki's appartment. You can see pure bliss on Hide's face. "Finally," he thought. And when they finally arrived, Hide was speechless. He's been waiting for this. To finally go to Kaneki's house. And have some private time together. He has naughty thoughts but he shook his head and tried to control himself. He can't rush things, he knew that. Even if he like his senpai so much.

Kaneki unlocked the door. He stepped inside first then took his shoes off while telling Hide to come in. "Sorry for intruding," Hide murmured as he stepped inside the appartment. His eyes roamed around the little space and exclaimed, "Nice place for a teenage boy like you. Very neat and tidy." He smiled at Kaneki and Kaneki just blushed and asked him, "Would you like some tea?" "Sure!" the blonde answered as he sat on the couch. Kaneki looked at him then smiled lightly. "Well, feel at home." Then he headed to the kitchen to get some tea for them.

Hide waited quietly on the couch like a good kid. After a few moments, Kaneki walked towards him while holding teas for them then sat beside him, handing Hide his tea.

There's this awkward silence again and all you can hear is the sipping of their tea. Hide looked around the place again, trying to look for things so he can get an idea on what to ask or talk about but this time, Kaneki spoke first. "Hey, what did you mean...when you said that..." he looked down and muttered silently, "...you like me?" Hide choked on his tea and looked at Kaneki with wide eyes. But after a few seconds, he started to laugh a bit. "What did I mean? Can I answer that with actions?" Hide placed his tea down on the table and turned his body to face the other boy. Kaneki stared at him when he suddenly felt something warm and soft on his lips. They parted and Kaneki was left dumbfounded. "Wha--" Kaneki is now blushing hard as he placed his tea on the table also while Hide is chuckling. "I don't know but...maybe knowing you better made me love you now." He smiled and Kaneki's eyes sparkled. "His smile is really...adorable." he thought to himself.

Kaneki holds onto Hide as they kissed some more. Hide's hands are now going everywhere Kaneki's body which made the brunette moan a bit. The blonde continued to kissing him deeply as he lay the other boy down the couch. Kaneki is now embracing him tighter. The kiss seemed more rough now and they're like hungry beasts trying to devour each other. And so, it seems that Hide wasn't the one that's been craving for this.

They both parted their lips to catch some air then Hide leaned closer to Kaneki's ear and whispered, "I love you, senpai~" Kaneki blushed and smiled as he hugged him tighter...

"I love you too."