A purple haired savior

The collector was roused from his uneasy and fidgety sleep to a nightmarish reality as his broken and empty eyes downcast as the lights turned on and the cage unlocked while he subconsciously tried to scoot as far back in the cell as possible burying his small face in his knees, he knew hiding was pointless of course but he also knew that if he looked his betters in the eyes it'd be even worse for him after all they were nice enough to shelter him and give him some scraps at least when they remembered and/or felt he deserved it which he knew he rarely did they were so kind to him. Slowly he felt one of his betters approaching he hadn't gotten any sleep which he knew they'd be a bit unhappy with but he was used to it he hardly if ever got any sleep since his betters recused him, couldn't remember from where all he knew is that they did and that all he could hope for now is to.be a bit useful to them before he was ultimately disposed of, after all the betters were working towards the greater.good he was just fortunate enough to be a part of it, as the somewhat confused child waited, a better had never taken this long to get him before he heard what he thought was a small gasp as a hand was gently placed on his shoulder of course this was somewhat a tactics the betters employed but the gasp was new, then he heard a gentle whisper that seemed distorted as he could feel someone seemingly leaning down. "Let's get you home, if he was confused before he was in another world this was his home his masters had said so time and again so why- nervously cracking open one eye for what was meant to be a quarter of a fraction of a millisecond he began to shake even more as he beheld this purple haired stranger that luckily his betters had warned him of scooting even farther back the broken god tried to conjure up some defenses as his betters had generously taught him but he was so exhausted he really tried honest but as quickly as a spark came his arms fell weakly to his sides the spell fizzling out as though it had never existed, still for a moment with a smile that seemingly stopped his trembling along with barely even a movement of her hand it looked like this strange girl had dissipated it of her own will, forget confused he was utterly terrified now as his mind raced with thoughts he no longer cared to acknowledge, what would the betters think of him when they arrived he had tried his best but all he did was prove how worthless and inept he was as he scooted to the very back of cage whimpering in a desperate attempt to save himself, either by scaring off this strangers or alerting his betters. Then out of everything he was trained to expect the broken boy was carefully scooped into this strangers arms as she let his head subconsciously nestle in her shoulder as she carefully stood up sushing him awhile as she swayed, "you're safe now", she said gently but with an anger burning behind her words that even he could sense as he was carried out of the only home he had ever known.