I

Delilah woke up today not shivering in the cold of the Boston winters, in fact she felt warm and cozy because she woke up in Vianara's room, Vianara being her new best friend provided her with a cozy warm blanket ever since she learnt about her living situation. 

Delilah lived with her older brother who was her caretaker for most of her life, he understood she had special needs, she suffered from dependent personality disorder and had crippling social anxiety combined with her stutter she was basically a punching bag for social piranhas so he decided to home school her and she excelled that way, she had faced a lot of hardships growing up, abuse from her parents when they were alive, bullying, body dysmorphia, low self esteem and she did suffer from an eating disorder and her brother was very aware of that so when she had to go to college he freaked out but Delilah was dead set on the fact that she has to go to college, but she lived in a horrible way, no locks on her doors, an absence of food, not enough furniture and no heating, she spent most of her nights at Vianara's house, her newfound best friend who accepted her shyness and nervousness.

Vianara provided her with a warm blanket and a safe house, but Vianara had just let her know that her cousin Alejandro would be visiting, Vianara had let Delilah who she fondly called lily know that it was fine for her to still stay, but she didn't want to intrude, so she went back home before he arrived.

Delilah was sitting in her bed shivering due to the lack of heating reading with her stuffed bunny, it provided her with a lot of comfort, comfort that no one else could bring her, she was almost about to sleep when she got a call from her best friend, she answered the phone and suddenly grew anxious when Vianara had asked if she wanted to come over and spend the night, she inquired about her cousin but Vianara had said that she could use her room and they could share the bed, she wasn't gonna lie and say the offer wasn't enticing but she thought that she shouldn't intrude on their time as a family but with Vianaras convincing she had no choice but to say yes.

Little did she know how her life was going to change.