11. | 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞

** warning for a lil bit of
mature themes
comin up.

no, it is not smut. **

Also,
long chapter to make up
for the late update <3

ty for being patient w me ! 

I've been dealing w lots of
health issues so my updates
are gonna be a lil
delayed for a bit ;

so hopefully this will make up for it (;

• • • •

  Your hands run over the green suited shoulders that were starting to feel more familiar by the week. Under your skin, the fabric was soft. Smirking, you loop your arms around Onceler's neck from behind, leaning over his shoulder and taking him for surprise, as he was defeatedly sitting in his office chair. "Hi."

His face went from frustrated and tired, to an uplift of slight confusion. "H— uh, hi," turning his head to meet with yours, you manage to press a kiss to his lips, deeper than the last time you've kissed, and slowly part away once he got the chance to realize what had even happened. "Heard anything from the interviewer yet?"

He waves you off, looking back down to the papers in front of him. Lots of red lettering and prints. That normally wasn't a good sign.
Your eyes avert down to the desk, before trying to rid your mind of the thoughts by looking back up to him. "Not yet, but hey! I've got some more ideas," his arm sneaks around your waist, and pulls you from behind where you'd been resting over his shoulder. You allow his arm to guide your body next to him, to which you lean against his desk, facing him.

"Which are?" You tilt your head in a curious way, leaving his eyes to glance at your exposed neck. Onceler gives a slight clear of his throat before continuing on, looking beside you to where the plans he had, were resting.
"Thneedville. A town," he raises his brows. You'd mostly been interested with looking at him, and how hot he was, sitting in that chair. But, you rip your vision to where he'd been looking, instead.

"I'm gonna build onto Grenville, right outside of the factory grounds. Cool, huh?" He smiles at you.

You coughed, nodding. "I can't believe you've made that much off of this thing," your soft cough interrupts as you speak. A pink Thneed was wrapped around your neck, comfortably. He'd given it to you a while ago, but you didn't want to take it off. "I'm so proud of you."

Plus, it still sort of smelled like him.

"I know!" He grins, leaning back in the chair, "I guess I should thank you for that. You're part of the reason I even got this far."

That was true - - 
yuck, there's that weird feeling again . . You needed a distraction, fast.

Your body leans forward, and as casually as you could, you position yourself onto his lap, both legs, slightly awkward from the chair, on either side of his. He was surprised— maybe slightly in shock. Arms slip around his neck, you watch as his smile grows. Two gloved hands slowly, hesitantly, scoop around your waist to hold your position, bringing you ever so slightly forward. "You're the reason I'm here." You say.

  And that was true - - without Once, you didn't really know where you'd be. Even if you fucked up your relationship with his mother earlier on, the rest of the family was still a part of your life. And without any of them, you didn't see yourself being anywhere else.