ONLY HIM

"Dad I don't need a bodyguard!" I tried to persuade him once again.
"Yes you do." Came his reply.
"But dad how would i look with a babysitter tailing behind me." I gave him my best puppy dog eyes which i know no one can resist but given the looks he was giving me i doubt he fell for it.

"You see John as my babysitter?" Damn he's sly i gotta give him that.
"Of course not but you need uncle because you're a politician why do i need a bodyguard?" Now i was just straight up winning.
"Because you are a celebrity."
"And?"
He put the tea cup aside and looked straight at me which his laser shooting eyes. "And? You are still asking me that after you've been receiving those unknown letters full of death threats ?" Ugh curse you p'boy for snitching on me to dad.

"They are nothing dad it's probably just a prank." That doesn't all that convincing. He got up from the chair he was lounging on and

"He's coming to pick you up no more arguments." He was about to leave the room when i whisper screamed.

"Why him? Don't you know he hates me?"
Did he...did he just rolled his eyes at me? "No he doesn't." I wanted to cry. "You know nothing dad." He gave me a one long pointed look and said. "I know everything. Now off you go." With that he left the room.

With heavy footsteps and equally heavy heart I went to the patio where he was waiting for me.
In past 8 years I've only seen him twice and both times he had treated me like a complete stranger and I still fail to understand why. Gathering up my scattered courage I called the name of the boy who was standing beside my car with his back turned towards me.

"Hello Gawin how have you been." I cringed inwardly. He turned around and nodded his head and I felt my heart thud against the rib cage with full force. He used to be so small and bubbly but now he was towering over me with his tall body and a face hardened like steel.
"I'm good. Thank you for asking Sir." Sir..no p'kit just sir... my heart hurts.
Gulping down the ball of emotions stuck in throat I said. "You can call me P'kit or krist, Gawin."

"You're my boss so it only makes sense if i call you Sir, Mr. Krist." Clenching my jaws to prevent the tears that were prickling behind my eyes to escape.
"Very well then do as you wish."
After opening the door of the car I was about to slip on the driving seat when he stepped forward and held the door from me. "Boss told me to drive you to the home."

"Are you going to play as my driver too?" I couldn't keep the bitterness slipping up in my tone. He just nodded and held the back seat door open for me until i got in the car.

After parking the car he followed me to my penthouse and this was probably the first time in my life when i wanted him to leave me alone. Leaving him standing in the lounge room I locked myself in the bedroom to cry myself to sleep and forget everything.

Waking up with a start i felt thousands of needles pricking in my throat so I had to force my to get out of the bed. Trudging through the hallway I made my way to the kitchen to quench my thirst. When I felt pair of eyes on me.
"You're still here?" Gawin was standing right where ive left him 3 hours ago!!
"Yes." Came his curt reply.
"God, gawin you should have gone home orwoken me up..." 

"I was just doing my job Sir." Again with that sir bullshit.
"You can go home. I don't have anywhere to go today." Just... just leave me alone.

"Are you sure, sir."

"Yes." My heart hurts.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It was only after the third week of him working with me that i found out he was living in the apartment one floor below me. He has said dad told him to shift with me so he can take better care of me but he didn't want to invade my privacy so he rented the place down below me. I would be lying if i say hearing him that he doesn't want to move in with me hurt me.
I thought since he agreed to be my bodyguard he might've forgiven me but i think he's still holding it against me.
On the positive side at least he was near me maybe with time he will come to like me again.
He has been following me to my work everyday in his black tuxedo and shades, the sight that I personally found myself enjoying a lot but there was a downside to it as well he was attracting too much attention of others for my liking. He was getting offers of modelling left and right but he refused all of them.