'Golden' eyes

A/N:
Won't warn you again! This has big spoilers for PoE. Would not recommend reading UNLESS you have watched and/or played the whole thing. Wato cries a bit, but that's really it. It's purely fluff!
.
.
.
They're back.
.
.
"..So, what happened to once a week, eh? You miss me that much?"

I snicker at this pathetic looking detective.
.
.
.
.
Pathetic?
No, that's not right. He's rank #2. Both of them. Maybe it just Wato today.

He stands quietly outside my cell, his mouth quivering.

"Reo..?"

Their voice is trembling. Breath shaky. Yeah, he's not alright.

I scoff, then stand up from my bed. I reach through the bar and have him look at me.

"Wato. Hey, look at me." I call out to him, hand on his chin. He's avoiding eye contact.

"Fine, don't look." I let go, retreating my hand. I still stay right in front of him.

"...you know, you can talk to me. I may not be your companion anymore, but I... I don't want you to suffer the same way I did."

The most sappy thing ever came out of my mouth.  I haven't said anything that is sympathetic ever since I was on Morgue. When I was still Doleful Detective and not the Quartering Duke. Too bad they found me out.

"Thank you, Reo."

I look up, and Wato is staring at me. He's really staring. Intensely staring.

"Your.. your eyes are pretty. A shining golden."

.
.
.

"Golden..? Wato, my eyes are..."

I stop myself and suck a breath through my teeth. Wow. He's in love with me, isn't he? Flustered, unfocused, staring right at me.

"Yeah. My eyes are golden. You seem to like staring at them, don't you? You'd get lost in them if you could."

I shoot back, flirtatious reply. Honestly, I don't know what got into me there. But it was totally worth it. He looks shocked, red in the face, and looking away.

He looks so pathetic. A pity, really. I still love him, though.

"Wato. I need to tell you something before you leave."

He looks back at me, still regaining composure.
.
.
.
.
.
"My eyes are grey."

A/N:
It was short, yes, I know. This was based on a scene in PoE where Wato was having some quality time with Reo. He called his eyes golden despite the fact his eyes were grey.

 He called his eyes golden despite the fact his eyes were grey