Chapter 1: Airport

(I wrote this story months ago, so here we go... Hope you like it!)

-903 words

People were on a frenzy clutching each of their luggage and hand bags at the airport. Cordelia was no different. She just arrived from a business trip in Los Angeles and she was wearing that signature Delia look: a black floral blouse and dress pants of the same color, all complimenting her figure. She was headed straight to the cab right outside the door when a little boy, about 10 years old, grabbed the handle and attempted to open it, halting as she saw Cordelia's shadow hovering over him. He glanced up and saw her. Cordelia smiled and took a step back, giving room for the little boy.

"Are you getting in? Where's your mom?" She asked.
"Right there."

The boy pointed at the glass sliding door and there emerged a woman. Her hair was brunette and cut short. She was smiling at the little boy and hurriedly took him to her arms.

"I'm sorry, did he do anything?"
The woman noticed that Cordelia did have her bags ready and assumed that she wanted to get the cab.

"Oh, you can have it. We'll just get another cab." She smiled as she said it.

However, the little boy, righteous, as he was raised, although a gentle man, knew he had the reason to rebutt her mother's statement, and he protested "But I got here first. I was about to open the door when she arrived."

Cordelia smiled at their exchange. She giggled a bit and said, "We can share the cab. It's not a problem."

Cordelia and the woman exchanged their destination and realized they were going on the same route. The three of them got in and after a 20-minute ride, the woman and her son asked the driver to pull over. They stopped on a usual suburban household. It looked friendly on the outside, Cordelia thought. After they got their bags from the trunk, the woman looked at the car window and said goodbye to Cordelia. Cordelia then smiled and said the same, she waved at the little boy, whom gave her an adorable smile.

After a few more minutes, Cordelia pulled over at the gates of the academy and marched in. She was greeted by some usual faces. Zoe came and hugged her, Queenie went next and the other girls greeted her.

"So, how was the trip?" asked Zoe.
"Exhausting. But atleast it's all over now." says Cordelia.

"Damn, I can't believe even after Fiona's death she'd still be bothering you like this."

Queenie quickly realized the impact of her words and apologized.

"It's alright, Queenie. You're right, but it's the least I could do. It's a just a few negotiations. Nothing I can't handle." Cordelia smiles as she said so.

Then a student blurts out, out of nowhere, saying "Of course you can handle it. You're the Supreme!"
And they all looked at the now nervous young witch, then laughter was audible in the common room. Cordelia had to admit, she loved to go on trips, but she knows that her home will always be in this place. The Robichaux's Academy for talented young girls.

Everyone then dispersed and prepared dinner. The evening went fast and they all went to bed. Cordelia, already exhausted as she was went to sleep the moment her body hit the soft matress.

When the first ray of sunrise hit Cordelia's window, she woke up and took a shower. She went down to prepare for breakfast. Shortly after, Zoe came in and helped her. When the breakfast was over, Zoe and Queenie secretly talked at the corner for about 10 minutes, then Queenie approached Cordelia.

"Hey, Cordelia, we're out of groceries. I would like to volunteer but I have a class in less than an hour, Zoe does too. Can you do it? Please?" pleaded Queenie.

Cordelia agreed to it, it was nothing huge so she bid the girls goodbye and headed to the super market. It was almost time for lunch and she was hungry, but she was well behind the waiting line from the counter. She thought that she should just eat at the coffee shop she used to go to on her free time. She was craving for a scone anyway, and maybe a cupcake or two.

After nearly 20 minutes, she was finally done with groceries and made her way to the coffee shop. As she went there, the barista greeted her and she proceeded to her usual spot. She smiled at some customers there, those who were familiar to her. Cordelia's mind wondered about the girls, then the trip she just had. Then suddenly, she thought of the woman she shared the cab with. Cordelia had to admit, she was gorgeous. Her hair fits her perfectly and she had an innocent smile. She kind of regretted not knowing her name, but atleast she knows her adress. But it would be really weird to just come over, and Cordelia has always been an epitome of modesty.

After five minutes, her name was called and she got up to get her order. She got a scone and frap. It's definitely not lunch per se, but she liked the food here and would eat it anytime. Halfway before getting done, a shadow was reflected on Cordelia's table which made her look up and see a familiar face.