Silver is Being Published!

The Moon is dead.
The holy book She left behind is full of mysteries.
The wolves in Her woods long for blood.

Six years have passed since the beast was due to stir. Since then, Erin Teague's pack has labelled him a 'heretic.' He has kept his head down to survive, protected by his stepmother, Theresa. But no secret can stay buried forever.

After a diplomatic mission goes wrong, Erin finds himself facing the ire of Valerie Lessard, the zealous Alpha of a neighbouring pack. Valerie is determined to have Erin sacrificed according to the words of the Unath Imom—the holy book of their kind—which weaves a narrative as disorienting as the forest itself. But Erin has a secret. Six years have passed since he woke up able to read its words, written in a language thought lost to time. Something is horribly wrong with its verses, and Erin is determined to translate it, no matter how many laws he must break.

As the threat of Lessard Pack looms large, Erin flees with his work to the isolated Norwood Pack. There, he comes under the protection of Alpha Marius Gray: a rebellious leader willing to bend the words of the Unath Imom to serve his own purposes. The pair have a shared interest in the inconsistencies of the Unath Imom. However, sinister truths about the Moon Goddess lie not simply within Her recorded word but buried deep within the land itself. The forest thirsts for blood. And within the pines, something dead stirs.

I am pleased to announce the release of my novel, Silver: An Unholy History of Wolfkind, available everywhere books are sold as of June 8th, 2023.

You can buy the book in ebook, Print, and Audiobook formats through the following link: https://books2read.com/u/49daKW

com/u/49daKW

FAQ

What's Going On?
Silver: An Unholy History of Wolfkind is now published, and this chapter is a compilation of questions and information for both new and former readers of this book.

I'm a New Reader/I Want to Re-Read the Book. What does this mean for me?
The original chapters have been taken down with placeholder chapters in their place (more on this later). There are three free sample chapters of the published book.

Where Can I Buy Silver: An Unholy History of Wolfkind?
You can buy it anywhere books are sold, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and any major retailers.

What Formats is it Available in?
SUHW is available in paperback, hardcover, ebook, and audiobook forms.

Changes to the Plot (Spoiler Free!)
The book has undergone some major changes in terms of plot, setting, and genre, which I will discuss in depth.

Why make changes at all?: I wrote Silver when I was seventeen, it was my first novel, and while writing it was a major achievement, the book's tone did not end up reflecting what I had envisioned: a dark and gritty fantasy story. I did not have the skills at that time to output what I wanted. Thus, when the book finally ended up in the hands of my incredibly talented editor four years later, he helped me make changes once I explained my original vision. Thus, given the sheer extent of changes needed to change my novel from YA Werewolf to New Adult Gothic Horror, a lot had to change across many aspects of the book. But a lot was also preserved, including the heart and themes of the story...

Plot: Many of the story beats and character arcs are the same. Erin and Marius are still our main characters, Valerie is still our villain, and almost all of the cast is still there. However, many wolves' personalities, backstories, and motivations have changed.

Setting: Possibly the biggest change. We're doing away with the Southern Lands and the ambiguous, alternate reality North America setting for the Woodlands, a demi-plane of twisting pine trees surrounded by a noxious Mist.

Genre: SUHW is a New Adult gothic horror/dark fantasy novel. Expect mind-bending locales, eldritch horrors, and plenty of interpersonal intrigues.

What are Placeholder Chapters & Why Have Them?
Placeholder chapters say "End of free sample" and contain none of the content of Silver. These chapters are to preserve the reads and vote counts from these chapters, which would otherwise be removed if I deleted these chapters.

And your account?
I've changed my username, display name, and profile picture to match my name, and updated my bio with a link to my website.

Why Not Preserve this Copy of Silver?
While it'll always have a special place in my heart, I've grown as a writer and the old version of Silver no longer reflected the quality of what I'm capable of writing, nor what I wanted for Erin and Marius's story. Not everyone will like me removing this project, but I kindly ask that you respect my choice in doing so.

It should go without saying, but I do not permit anyone else to copy this book and upload their own version of Silver, whether on Wattpad or anywhere else.

What About Your Other Work?
The Undo Button will remain on Wattpad, although I'll need to update the cover with my new username.

Will You be Publishing Other Works on Wattpad?
Short answer: probably not. Long answer: I originally put Silver on Wattpad because I didn't know how to navigate the world of publishing but wanted to share my work with others. This goal of mine hasn't changed, except through publishing, I can reach a wider audience (plus you can hold a physical copy of my work)! Future novels of mine will be published through major retailers and won't be put on Wattpad, except for sample chapters.

Speaking of Other Novels: Are You Writing Any?
Yes! I stopped all progress for the novel I was working on when I started the process of getting Silver published. I've since resumed progress. No clue when I'll be done or when you can read it. It'll be another stand-alone book, a Fantasy of Manners story in a dark fantasy setting.

Will You Write a Sequel and/or More Novels in the World of Silver?
No. SUHW is a stand-alone novel, and I feel that Erin's story wraps up satisfyingly at its conclusion.

Do you have any other questions? Feel free to let me know, and I'll update this chapter if there's any information I missed!