One With Revenge

Jasmine

12 years earlier

"Cooper, are you sure about this?" My hairstylist, Nia, had a worried expression when I demanded her to chop off my hair.

My eyes met hers in the mirror and I questioned myself. Is this worth all the pain?

The pain was aching my heart, my brain and my body. What was I thinking? Trusting a bunch of idiots was a mistake. Big one.

I was so preoccupied dealing with this fresh pain, without thinking twice I nodded my head in a yes.

Nia sighed and eventually gave me her best smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

She began chopping my long wavy chestnut brown colored hair. It was dreadful losing my hair but not as much as losing trust.

When I recalled today's events, it makes me angry....... in rage. Only one word is going through my head right now and it's revenge!

"Sweets, we're done." I was shaken out from my thoughts by Nia.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and I looked at my face in the mirror. The girl stared back at me looked broke, her eyes were puffy, her face swollen. She was miserable and I realised it was me. She was me.

The poor girl was me. I was her and it's all because of Jenna and Ethan. Fucking assholes!

***

"Jenna, how could you do this...... to me. Out of all, ME." Tears were pooling in my eyes.

"Shush!" She silenced me by putting her index finger on my lips.

"Look, don't take it personally but...... it wasn't my intention to hurt you." She scratched her shoulder leisurely and giving out a big yawn.

"Posting my naked pictures for the world to see is very personal. It could ruin my life." I yelled at her. My voice was hoarse by all the angry crying.

"Answer me, you filthy bitch." I yelled at her. I duged my nails in her flesh. She cried out in pain.

I was pulled back to reality when Claire shook me.

"Hey," she muttered softly her accented voice deep. "You are not weak, don't let these events get to you."

I choose to ignore her words. Her black mustang was pulled in my parent's driveway. I have to tell them about this.

I had no idea people could be this cruel. The daily tormenting, lists, comments and now my private pictures. They just found new ways to break me.

"I don't want to face them, after what they did it'll be impossible to go back to that hell hole." I mumbled softy with tears glistening my view. God! When will they ever stop?

"Jasmine, you have to finish your studies....... and what about graduation? It's still left." Claire reasoned.

"I know, but.... I-I can't..... just can't."

"HEY!" She tried pulling herself from my hold. "See, it was just for fun, Jas. It's not like you have something different down there," She spat still trying to get out of my hold.

Without thinking twice, I punched her jaw. The sudden blow took her by surprise and she fell on the ground.

She looked at me and scowled at me  and yelled, "IT WAS FOR FUN. PURE FUN. FYI, EMILY DIDN'T PLANN IT WITH ME. ETHAN DID." She emphasised the words 'Ethan did' for me.