Introduction

(Y/N) POV

I am (Y/N), youngest daughter of Tony Ianucci.
I am part of the Ianucci Crime Family.

And I want out.

——

"(Y/N), we are leaving now." My father calls to me.
Going down the stares quickly but cautiously, I watch my heels as they descend each step.
I hated this life, but it was the only one I have ever known.
"Come on (Y/N), don't want to keep the family waiting." He was already beginning to head out the door.
My sister, Angie, was trailing close behind. She was so gorgeous.
Her hair was done beautifully and her dress was eloquent, shaping her body. She was allowed to dress that way, since she was the eldest.
Dad never let me dress so beautifully, he was very protective of me.
He wanted a boy, like everyone else in the family, but instead he got 2 girls. The eldest he first spoiled, expecting his second born to be a boy, but I was the second punch in the gut.
Due to this, Angie and I had very little freedom when it came to dating, as whoever did take our hand in marriage would rank as highly as Father, and one day, take his position as head of the family.
Angie was lucky, though, she had many suitors chasing after her heels. It allowed Father to have many options, and in turn, let Angie have options.
With me being the youngest, my Father made me dress more conservatively, meaning I racked up less suitors, but ever since Angie has gotten with Marco, a few more people have shown an interest in me.
None of them catch my eye, however, I don't want to stay in this life and it certainly won't help being committed to someone in the business.

"(Y/N), love, you look so nice tonight." Angie flashes a smile and pats my knee.
I roll my eyes and grin, if I do leave, I'll miss her. "Thank you, Angie. But you're the one who stole the show tonight, Marco is going to love your outfit."
She giggles and twirls her hair. "You really think so? I'm so nervous, I think he's going to propose tonight."
We talk in the back of the car onto the way to the restaurant, our father not paying any mind to our gossip.
"What about you though, (N/N)?" Angie lowers her voice to a whisper. "Got anyone you've got an eye on?"
Our Father shoots over a glare but doesn't say anything.
"No, no, I don't have any interest in dating." I shake my head nervously.
She scoffs and waves her hand around, "You're 30 this year and you've never been with a guy!"
I shoot a glance to my father nervously, afraid of him snapping in his input at anytime.
Angie continues when I form no response, "You must be a little interested in dating."
"I don't know..." I look down embarrassed.
"Girls." Our Father cuts us off. "That is enough."
We both nod and stay silent for the rest of the drive there, the only ambience being the sound of the wheels spinning around and the soft radio playing chic.

Arriving at the restaurant we are greeted by Uncle Leo, who pulls away from a conversation from 3 other men to greet us.
"Tony! Greet to see you buddy!" He walks over to our father and plants a kiss on his lips. "And girls, don't you look great tonight."
Angie and I give our quiet thanks and exchange hugs with him.
"I'm going to go find Marcus, I'll see you later." Angie pats my arm before wandering off.
I'm stuck with my Father and Uncle Leo, I didn't want to have to talk to more people than I have to, especially at these kinds of events, so I usually just stick with my Father until he pushes me to talk to someone else.
"Look, Tony, there's this guy I want you to meet." He waves over someone I had never seen before.
Brown, slicked back hair, big nose, even bigger smile, and gorgeous, puppy dog brown eyes. They looked like deep puddles, and with them I startled to melt into one.
"This is Jake Peralta." Leo smiles as this 'Jake' extends his hand out to shake my Fathers hand.
"Hello sir, I've heard a lot about you." Tony nods and shakes his hand, waiting for Leo to elaborate.
"Jake-y here has been working for me," he slaps his back grinning and Jake lets out a slight grunt, his smile remaining. "Jacking cars and whatnot, he's a complete computer wiz too."
"Really? How'd you find this one?" I felt myself lose myself in his eyes.
"Found him celebrating at a bar, got fired from the NYPD." Jake looks over to me and I quickly avert my eyes. What was I doing?
My Father stiffens up a little, staring at Jake who returns the gaze. "NYPD, huh? You're a cop?"
"Was, a cop sir," He looks down shamefully, shaking his head a bit. "Glad to leave those pigs in my past now."
A police officer...
My Father chuckles a bit, "right.". He nods a bit, "Well I'll be keeping an eye on you, Peralta."
"Wouldn't expect anything less."
The group begins to disperse, my Father beginning to walk away and my uncle chasing after him, leaving just Jake and I.
I feel my face heat up watching his face, he gives me a soft smile that makes my heart melt.
Stop it.
I go to speak but just mutter out gibberish before going to leave, unsure where I'm going.
I don't know if he turned to watch me or just went back to his friends, but I tried to disappear as quickly as i could.

What was wrong with me?

///
Hope y'all like it, i've been thinking non stop about Mafia Jake Peralta and needed to write SOMETHING
I've had to guess who is related to who and how because it isn't clarified in the series, so yolo i guess