~𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭~

𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 \(٥⁀▽⁀ )/

                                                                                     |•••••|

(𝐈𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐨 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

The past... Everything horrible that happened...

That is something no one can forget.

My family worshipped a snake-like demon. They cut my mouth to my ear... I was the first male to be born in my family after 370 years. They would sacrifice the other newborns, yet they kept me because I was a rare boy with heterochromia. I somehow escaped from my cell and made a run for it. But it almost caught up to me... While running I tripped over a small rock and fell down. Looking up into the amphibian eyes of the demon, I thought it was over. This is it... I die this way. I squinted my eyes shut ready for the pain of being eaten alive. But opened them when I saw a flash of red run past me. I shot my eyes opened to see within a split second the demons head was off its body and slowly disintegrating into ash. When I looked up I saw a tall man with fire-like hair and red eyes that had an orange rim, he carried a katana with the words "惡 あっ 鬼 き 滅 めっ 殺 さつ" engraved into it or "Destroyer of Demons". The tall man turned to look at me and extended his hand.

"Are you ok kid?" He asked.

I hesitantly nodded and slowly reached my hand out to grabs his but before I could he disappeared and I looked down to see a large pool of blood. I whipped my head around to see the snake demon but before I could run it took a wild lunge at me. I had shot my eyes open and looked around frantically.

"Can you calm down?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I turned my head to the right side of me and saw Shinazugawa and Kanroji.

"Oh it's just you." I said with a sharp exhale.

"Who else would it be dipshit?"

"Be nice Shinazugawa san!" Kanroji scolded, well not scolded more like attempted scolding.

"Are you ok Iguro san? You seemed worried or frightened even."

"I'm fine, thank you tho Kanroji." I responded looking down at my feet.

I could feel Shinazugawas sharp glare piercing through me, but before he could say anything Kanroji started speaking.

"Do you two want some sakura mochi?" Kanroji asked with a wide smile.

"Sure." I replied.

"I don't care." Shinazugawa sighed laying back.

"Too bad I'm getting you some!" Kanroji said standing up from where she was seated.

"Be right back! Don't move."

"Wasn't planning on it."

Me and Shinazugawa sat in uncomfortable silence for about 2 minutes before he spoke up.

"So what really happened?" He asked.

"What do you mean by that." I replied not bothering to make eye contact with him.

"Look at me."

"No."

"Why not."

"Because looking at the ground is more interesting than your face."

I found no point in telling Shinazugawa what happened he probably wouldn't understand, he's not very..... bright. Plus telling him, "Oh I was scared because I had a nightmare" would make me seem childish and pathetic. I'm a Hashira for fucks sake, I shouldn't be scared by silly things like nightmares.

I could feel Shinazugawa staring at me but I just continued looking down...

That was until I couldn't just stare down anymore.

"Fine." I said expecting defeat.

"Good, now tell me what happened." 

(Blah blah blah Iguro explained what happened i'm to lazy to write this shit lowkey kinda want mcdonald's rn.)

Suddenly I feel that horrible pain in your throat when you want to cry, when you need to cry but rather wouldn't. Could be because you don't want to cry or because it would be embarrassing. In my case it's embarrassing, starting to cry in front of another Hashira? Yea I'd rather have that pain in my throat for the rest of my life than cry in front of Shinazugawa. I kept my eyes locked on the ground trying to keeps the tears on the verge of spilling out in. My eyes widened in shock as I was embraced in a hug. Y'know the whole thing about how I'm not gonna cry? Yea that didn't last long. I sobbed into Shinazugawas chest as he soothingly rubbed circles around my back.

God I'm embarrassing.

We sat like that for a few minutes, to the point where my sobs became muffled sniffs. And in complete honesty I never wanted to let go, I wanted to be in his warm embrace forever. Mainly because this was all new. I've never had someone hug me, care about me. It felt nice... I wonder what it would be to have a whole life of this. (Charlie spring kinny 😩)

"KYAAA!!!" A very familiar voice squealed.

I pulled Shinazugawa away from me and sat back down in my original spot. 

"FIRST MY BABYS SABITO AND TOMIOKA SET SAIL, THEN TOKITO AND GENYA, AND NOW YOU TWO!?" Kanroji squealed.

"Wait go back to Tokito and Genya."

But I didn't really care what they were saying, she really had to come back at THAT moment!? I could feel my face heat up from the embarrassment and because of Shinazugawa. BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. I snapped back to reality and Shinazugawa and Kanroji were still arguing about Tokito and Genya.

"HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS!?" Shinazugawa yelled.

"BECAUSE WE KNEW YOU WOULDN'T ACCEPT THEIR LOVE!!" Kanroji argued.

"I just can't believe you guys are FINALLY together!!" 

"WE'RE NOT TOGETHER!" I shouted.

"Damn rejected." Tomioka said.

"WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU COME FROM!?" Shinazugawa yelled.

"Bitch i'm not even here stop hallucinating." He said walking away.

"KYAA!! I ALWAYS KNEW YOU TWO LOVED EACH OTHER!!"

"ITS NOT LIKE THAT-" Shinazugawa tried to argue back.

"Shhh you don't have to hide it anymore." Kanroji said shoving sakura mochi into his mouth.

"Here you go Iguro san!" She beamed offering me one.

"Thank you Kanroji..." I sighed, she's gonna tell everyone what happened...

                                                                      |•••••|