Fantasmical Character

Maliah Finley

Name - Maliah - mә-LEE-uh - (Of the Sea) Finley

Age - 400 years old (mermaid years so roughly around 20 to 25 years old).

Gender - Female

Species - Mermaid.

Maliah had once been a human 16-year-old girl on a boat moving from London to America with her poor family. She spent most of the trip seasick beyond belief when she snuck out from below deck one night during a gnarly storm to vomit off the side of the railing.

Now her story might not be so bad if the boat simply hit a wave and knocked her overboard, she would have simply sunk to the bottom of the ocean and become fish food. No Maliah's life had never been that easy.

Instead while vomiting one of the men travelling on the boat saw her sneak off, he heard the storm and the beating of the waves and knew no one would hear her. He snuck up behind her and held her down. He did unspeakable things to her, things that burned her hot with anger. She kicked and screamed until he wrapped a thick rope around her leads, and tied his shirt around her mouth but he couldn't continue because the storm was clearing, the morning was coming. And someone was very loudly calling out her name.

Fear crept into his heart, as a new wave shocked the pair of them he finally let go of Maliah and let her incapacitated body fall over the railing and into the ocean below. She couldn't kick, couldn't swim and couldn't scream. She passed out long before the ocean pulled her down and when she awoke she was surrounded by a mermaid who saw her courage, and her fight and decided to help the human whose final moments showed them how strong she was.

She became one of them and lived as a mermaid for centuries (most mermaids live for 1000 years if not more).

Physical Attributes -Maliah's physical attributes changed a lot with her transformation into a mermaid. The most obvious being her tail and the fins that grew out of her skin.

Her tail had taken some of the colours of the rope that had once wrapped tightly around her legs. Around her waist her colour is the blues of the ocean with hints of gold and purple but as your eyes travel down the length of her the gold sparkles in the light surrounding itself with browns and reds. The purple looked like bruises against the scales where the rope was too tight. The end has a sharp edge the colour of gold.

Maliah's long black hair had turned a shade of white known to glow in the depths of the ocean as she grew older that colour made her stand out amongst the others until she finally dyed it a more casual blue - however, it's still known to glow when she gets angry.