Prolouge: How It Came To Be

●☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆●

Gravesfield wasn't the biggest town nor the fanciest town, but it sure did feel like home. Gravesfield was it's own community, it's own little family. Everyone knew almost everybody. Neighbors, kids, the local coffee girl, even the pets knew eachother. Though old Gravesfield was known to be the most haunted town in the state.
Just as the sun set on the horizon, behind the peach colored clouds, through a window the sun's light shined through, Camila was finished up the dishes from dinner they had earlier. The light gave the woman comfort, as she hummed a familiar tune and washed a plate she laid eyes on. The sound of footsteps then entered the room, as her husband, Manny, was there, letting her know that their daughter was in bed, asleep.
"That early?" Camila said, raising a brow.
"Well, duh, turkey does make people very sleepy. And soon, its about to kick in with us." Manny replied, yawning. Camila giggled, as she finished the last of the dishes, loading it in the dishwasher beside her. She came over to him and lean against him, as the two watched the sunset.
"You know what this sunset reminds me of." Manny said.
"And what is that?" Camila asked, as Manny turned on some music and took her hands and started to slow dance.
"The first time we danced." Manny replied, and the two continued to dance in the kitchen. Camila let out a giggle as the Noceda gave her a spin, and the two finish with a kiss.
"We haven't dance like this since Prom." Camila said, as she leaned against him.
"Mami? Papa?" A small voice called out. The two looked down at the entryway, to see their little girl. Their daughter looking up at them.
"Oh, mija. What are you doing up?" her father asked.
"I heard you and Mama laughing." replied the little light. Manny then held out his hand to his daughter, and the 4 year old takes his hand, wondering why? "Your mom and I were dancing. This is what we did all the time when we were young." Manny then took two steps to one side, and two steps the other. Then, they both started dancing. Luz started laughing in joy as Camila stood and watched with a smile on her face. This was a memory she will forever cherish. She almost shed a tear at the sight of Luz dancing with her father. But, happy moments don't last forever, for Camila that is.
During the moment, Camila felt something deep down within her. She tried to brush it off as her mind playing tricks on her, but the feeling never left. Suddenly, the necklace she wore started glowing faint green. Manny paused to see Camila looking at the gem with a worried expression, before looking back at him.
"Papa?" Luz mumbled. Manny looked down at the little girl before him.
"It's okay, mija. Head to your room. I'll be up in a bit to tuck you in ." Luz happily agreed and ran towards the stairs, as her father told her to be careful on her way up. When Luz was out of sight, he turned to his wife, who was on the brink of having a panic attack.
"Honey, look at me. It's okay. We're gonna get through this."
"I... don't think... I can hold it...back." Camila said, putting her hands over her head.
"Yes you can." Manny held her, trying to comfort her. "Remember. Just breathe. It'll be okay." Tears started to stream down Camila's face, as she fell down to all fours. Her necklace becoming ever so brighter. Luz came back down and hid behind the entrance in the hallway, wondering what was wrong with her Mama.
"Manny... I... I think this might be it."
"No... no! Don't say that!"
"Im sorry. But I can't keep it at bay anymore... it's too strong."
"No! You can fight this, Camila. You have too!" Camila started sniffling as the green glow suddenly wrapped around her, and her body started to change.
"Manny... I love you..."
"Camila!" Manny shouted, he watched as Camila shifted behind the glowing green ribbons. Luz watched in horror. What was happening!? The glow then finally faded. Manny opened his eyes, only to find a wolf, the size of a male lion, in his wife's place.
He gasped.

Art made by SkinnerArt (me)

"No! Camila, no! This can't be it! This can't be it!" the wolf just whined back, with hazelnut brown eyes. "No. Please... you can change back. You have too!" Luz didn't understand what was happening.
Why did her mom dissappear?
Who was this wolf that was now in their home?
"Honey...please..." the wolf only whined back. Manny gotten his answer. The next thing he did was hug the brown wolf as he cried. The wolf hugged him back, as if to say, I'm sorry. Luz started to tear up and sniffled, which caught both her dad and the wolf's attention. The girl just stood there confused, eyes red and puffy.
"Where's Mama?" The only thing she mumbled out, before Manny lend her into a hug, as they both cried together.
"I'm so sorry, mija. I wish I can tell you." The wolf said in her head, leaning against the two. The sun's light now fading away, into the dark night of twilight.

●☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆●

Later that evening, Manny had explained the best he could to his daughter about what happened to her mom. Luz, at the current age, didn't understand, but ended up taking it quite well. She still sees the wolf as her Mama. Even complimenting how soft her fur was. Which to Manny, was very cute.
He finished up washing his face, and turned the bathroom light off before heading to bed, passing Luz's room. He stopped, and look to see Camila, fast asleep with Luz in her arms or... paws in this case.
"This would take some time to get use to." he thought, before walking back to his room and closing the door for the night.

(And there you have it, a new start to a new AU! I hope all of you who also enjoyed Titan's Curse, will also enjoy this AU as well. Chapter 1 will be up soon. See ya!)