Prologue // Fighting Dirty

"A Demon...?" A sorrowful female voice echoed in a blank abyss. "No... N-No, he wouldn't have! He was one of the strongest of us... B-Besides you of course..."

"Besides me..." Echoed another voice. A male voice of calmness, but with faint hints of regret behind it. "Perhaps I'm the one to blame, in that case... Maybe it really is for the best that I leave."

"No... NO! Please, not you too! I-I don't care what the other members of the corps say, nothing that's happened is your fault!"

The female voice yelled out into the dark abyss, with no response in return.

"Please... I've lost my teacher... I can't lose you too... I-If I was there with him, maybe I could've-"

"Kibou." The male voice suddenly interrupted.

"You need to get out of there."

"...Huh?" Questioned the female voice, having her name called out.

"Get out of there." The man repeated.

"Get out of there!" He repeated again. But sounding more uncharacteristically frantic.

"I don't... undertsa-"

"Get out of there!!!" Suddenly a loud female voice screamed, before a pair of pink eyes suddenly shot open.

A small, female figure suddenly sat up on the brick road she was sitting on. Pink eyes shone through the darkness of her brown hooded cloak covering her body.

"W-What's going on-" She barely squeaked, before her pink irises shrunk in fear, seeing a pale hand with an axe blade phased through the palm and between two of its fingers, rocketing right at her face.

With a loud eep, the cloaked girl rolled to dodge it, seeing the axe bladed hand pierce the road behind her.

"D-Did I seriously pass out in a fight!?" She questioned. The bright glow of her blush of embarrassment was clearly visible in the darkness of her brown hood. "But... that dream... wait, was it a dream?"

"Kanaka!" Screamed that female voice that woke the cloaked girl up. "Stay focused! Control your breathing, and you can do this!"

The hooded girl, named Kanaka, shook her head as the severed hand suddenly shot back to where it came from. It attached itself back onto a slim, tall figure that slowly walked towards the hooded girl.

"O-Okay!" Kanaka yelped, before suddenly realizing that she no longer had her blade on her.

"AAAAAAAAAAA!!!" She suddenly screamed in her head, before frantically looking around on the brick road. "My sword! I definitely dropped it when that Demon knocked me out!"

Her pink eyed gaze shot all over the place, eyeing around the dark, moonlit town that she was fighting in, before seeing her copper coloured katana laying in between her... and the approaching Demon slowly closing its distance towards it.

"How tragic..." Boomed the Demons voice. "An inexperienced Demon Slayer always pains my heart to kill..."

Long, crimson red hair flowed in the wind, as the skinny Demon walked slowly. Its face had three, thin axe blades protruding beside each eye, and down the nose. Golden irises stared down the cloaked Demon Slayer, as the many iron axe blades that extruded in multiple places of his body shone menacingly.

"Still... it's very bizarre that the other member of the corps that's here isn't even attacking." The Demon questioned, before eyeing another figure standing on the side of the road.

Cautiously watching the fight was a second Demon Slayer. A tall woman with dark skin, and a uniform that's actually visible unlike Kanaka's. But what made her stand out more was that her uniform was tuned to appear like a nun's attire. The veiled hood flowed to the side in the wind, as she had her hands clasped in prayer.