Let Me Into Your Heart

It’s been 3 weeks and Remus has been ignoring you with all his might. It is extremely frustrating for you to deal with him like this.

First, it started with him not replying to you back a greeting you sent towards him. Then he would sit far away from you in the great hall and now whenever he sees you he runs towards the other direction. When you try to confront him he comes up with an excuse of how he is late for a class or something.

So you started sending him letters, and he replied to none of them. It was infuriating.

You almost gave up on him but then you remembered the memorable and fun times with him and how much you loved those moments together.

Like that one time in the common room…

It was just the two of you in the common room with a vinyl record player playing some David Bowie songs to which you would occasionally bob your head while tracing the scars on his arms.

Suddenly you looked at Remus. The way his face would shine from the fire and how beautiful his scars looked on him. He isn’t fond of his scars and hates them but you think his scars form a beautiful pattern like constellations.

Remus saw you looking at him and spoke, careful not to break the peaceful atmosphere.

“What?”

“You have a pretty face Lupin.”

Remus flushed at your compliment and tried hiding his blush by deflecting the compliment.

“There is nothing really special about it.”

“There is. You have scars which I could trace to form constellations on and eyes as deep as the ocean and I fear if I look too deep into your eyes I might drown in them and might never be able to come back for air and that will be fine because I would rather die in those pools of water then never see your face again.

Remus just looked at you lovingly and asked, “Why do you like my scars so much?”

“Because they are a part of you and I love each and every single part of you Remus, even the ones you would call ugly. I will love them forever and always.”

“You’re acting like you’re in love with me,” Remus said half-jokingly.

“Maybe I am.”

Remus choked on the air with wide eyes.

“I’m joking silly,” You said as you lightly shoved him.

Remus nervously chuckled. It’s not like he is in love with you.

“Are you in love with me?” You asked with mischief glinting in your eyes.

“Who would fall in love with you?” Remus retorted.

“Oh my gosh, Remus, Shut up!” You said as you punched him in the arm.

“Ow.”

“It was well deserved.”

“Indeed.”

You both laughed at each other's antics when suddenly you stood up.

“Oh my gosh! Remus, Starman!!!”

Remus listened to the music carefully and you were right Starman by David Bowie was playing on the vinyl player.

You increased the volume and started singing the lyrics.

There’s a Starman

waiting in the sky

He’d like to come and meet us but he thinks he’d blow our minds