We Fell In Love In October

You woke up with a start cold sweat dripping off your forehead, your body feeling uncomfortably hot but your feet and hands felt cold. You just had another one of your nightmares or flashbacks to the bad memories you had from your time in HYDRA experimenting on you. The multiple tests they did, injecting you with chemicals. Getting beaten up when you didn't cooperate.

What’s worse was the person who did those experiments on you, the scientist who made you go through hell putting god-knows-what chemicals into you, was your father. Your mother passed away shortly after your birth.

The worst part is that you didn’t hate your father, you know that you should hate him, but you can’t. He used to say that he was doing it for a good cause, saying that you were brave and special and that he loved you with his whole heart and one day when all these experiments would end, then you'd become the strongest person on Earth. He even used to give you sweets after a painful day of testing and training, saying by doing this you would make your mother proud as well as him. You would feel pride bursting through your body with the praises your father used to give.

You hated yourself for falling for his sweet words. You hated yourself for STILL loving him. YOU HATED YOURSELF.

You looked at the clock to see the time, it was 8 AM and you had to leave at 9 AM, enough time for you to freshen up. You took a deep breath, pulled yourself together and went to the bathroom.

You had to get up a bit early today but that didn’t happen now did it. Because you were going on a mission to put a stop to a guy who was selling illegal weapons in the black market to evil organisations which were not good, but on the bright side, you were partnered with Bucky.

Bucky and you have been friends for a long time. At the start, he was kind of distant but you didn't blame him as you did try to kill him when you first met each other. It’s not like you wanted to kill anybody, it was just because you were told to do so and your father told you to do as it would make him proud and he promised to get you out of that shit hole if the mission would be successful.

You were almost successful but your dumbass didn't watch your back and you were blacked out by Hawkeye hitting you with a tree branch.

Amongst all the things you imagined, being hit by a tree branch and getting yourself captured by the Avengers was never on the “How I might be stupid enough to get captured by the Avengers and disappoint my father” list. You thought maybe you’d be shot by a gun or stabbed by a knife, maybe even fall for your death, who knows??? but a STICK!!! It was embarrassing.

After all that hard training and you get hit by a tree branch and then blackout, you couldn't feel any more foolish.

So after that, soon the Avengers found out you were just an experiment and a victim of multiple experiments so then they kinda took you in and you became an Avenger. It took some time for you to trust them and for them to trust you but it was all worth it as now you have a family that you are happy about.

Bucky and you were just friends but you would be lying if you said that you never even thought of you and him being more than friends. But that was just a fantasy that had no chance of happening.

You hurried into the kitchen where Tony was making coffee for himself. You came into the kitchen rushing and sat on the stool of the kitchen island. Tony passed you a bowl of your favourite cereal and you thanked him and ate your breakfast in a hurry because you were late. You looked at your watch, it was 8:30 and you still had to pack your suit, pack your weapons, you know normal Avengers things.

“Slow down,'' Tony said. “What's the big rush?”

“Well I have to leave for the mission to Mexico in about 30 minutes and I haven’t even packed all my stuff, so don’t tell me to slow down.”, you replied and continued to gobble up your food.