27

It was getting hard to stand the smell of Bella. The others had warned her before, but Ivy really didn't expect her to smell so delicious. So sweet.

She stayed at the house less and less, rather opting to adventure the wilderness with Ace. It was nice to have a companion and a mentor helping her along the way. They hiked up mountains, climbed all kinds of trees. They hunted and spent a large portion of time together.

He was beginning to feel like her closest friend at this point. It was the way that he understood everything she was going through due to his extensive knowledge of Alpha vampires. Every anomaly, every feeling, he knew what it was and how he could help. Ivy often joked that he was her personal Alpha encyclopedia.

This time around, Ivy had just beat him in a running race. This wasn't for training, it was simply because they could.

"Why do you care so much about Alphas? I get it's our whole purpose to be special and more powerful – and I know I'm not utilizing my powers to the fullest, but...why do you care?"

Ace's expression was unreadable, he had none.

"My mate was an Alpha." His eyes began to fixate on the soil, he plucked the grass out by the root. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Was. She died. She strayed too far into the dark side, couldn't control her taste for the humans, it was insatiable. You know all vampires are dark and evil at heart. We harm others to rejuvenate ourselves. We're monsters that can never, ever stop killing. It's our purpose."

Ivy nodded.

"But an Alpha? You lot have that certain darkness always brewing within you. Some kind of madness. Many Alphas have gone mad right in front of my eyes. That anger you feel, the one that comes out in the strangest ways. That sinking feeling is your darkness. Ivy, I'm already quite surprised you've been able to survive and be satisfied off of animal blood. Most Alphas couldn't resist. It should be impossible for you, must have had something to do with your life as a human.

My mate, her name was Lilith. She was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, even for a vampire. I promise you. She was my first Alpha, the kindest woman on god's green earth. One thing about Lilith was that she hated living in secret, she believed vampires were the superior species. Even so, she remained kind. It all changed after she realized her true self as an Alpha vampire.

It all started when innocent townsfolk began to go missing. One by one. Then, entire households. Families. She couldn't even resist the little children. Finally, the darkness took over her and she destroyed an entire city, all by herself. She erased a whole city off the earth and history. It only took an hour until all the people had their blood drained, had their guts sprawled out on the floor. She made such a mess...I found her before anyone else did. I was the one that tried to clean that mess up. That look on her face, Ivy. You'd never forget it."

Ace shuddered physically at the horrid memory, Ivy attempted to comfort him to no avail. Ivy cringed at his words in fear. The fact that it could be her one day if she wasn't careful enough messed with her head.

"After she was done with the killing, it didn't take long for the Volturi to arrive. Even then, they had to use mental abilities just to get her to keep her from further tearing up the vampires that were trying to stop her. She wanted to...devour them all. It was there that I realized that she wasn't doing this all because she was hungry, it's because she knew she could. There's this one small girl, her name is Jane if I remember. She can inflict the illusion of pain upon others and they needed her with several others to finally incapacitate Lilith. The Volturi had several casualties that day. Sometimes I wonder if you being so...peaceful is really a bad thing. It's not. Not at all. I could never see you ending up like her."

Ivy nodded, "Thanks for telling me that. It must have been so hard for you."

Ace waved her off as if the past few minutes weren't real, "It's in the past, now. Don't worry about it, Ivy. Must have been centuries ago now. Just promise me one thing."

"Yeah?"

"Never, ever end up like Lilith. Ever."

"Promise, Ace. You've got my word."

Their conversation was cut short by a bunch of growling beasts lurking behind them, miles away. Ivy shot up, turning around. Ace bared his fangs back at them, ready to strike at any moment.

Ivy felt a wave of hatred rush over her body. She tried to take deep breaths, but she could feel her fangs poking out and stabbing into her bottom lip.

"We're not close to the treaty line at all. Get the hell out of here." Ivy growled. Jacob shifted back into a human.

"Werewolves. I hate werewolves." Ace mumbled under his breath with pure disdain. "The smell of mutt lingers forever."

"Don't worry buddy, we hate you too." Jacob rolled his eyes.

"What do you want, Jacob?" Ivy looked behind him to scan for the certain black fur.

"Don't worry. He's not here. Why did you bring another damn vampire into Forks? As if we don't have enough." Jacob scowled.

"None of your business." She replied coldly. "You would do well to head back to the cave your runts crawled out of."

Paul whined at Jacob, scratching the ground with his oversized paw.

"Is it just me or did she get...meaner?" He communicated with the pack.

"You might be right. That hurt my feelings coming from her." Embry replied.

"His eyes are still red. Means he's still killing people. Innocent people. We can't have that here." Jacob stepped forward.

"Jacob. I don't wanna hurt you but if you step any closer towards us. I will."

Jacob didn't listen, he stepped closer and closer to them, trying the grab Ace by his shoulders. Ace didn't have to do anything, Ivy sent Jacob flying against a tree as she shoved him once.

"Don't get any closer!" She barked. The pack surrounded the two baring their fangs and growling.

Before Ivy could react, a flash of pitch-black fur passed her and stood tall right in the middle of the two vampires and the pack.

Sam snarled at them. He was the largest wolf, towering right above Ivy and Ace. Ivy backed down, she hissed at him. With all her might, she had to back away.

"Whatever. This is useless anyway. Come on, Ace."

The two vampires left, immediately.

Sam shifted back into a human. The blond vampire that accompanied Ivy was probably one of the most handsome faces that Sam had ever seen in his whole life. He looked like one of god's angels. The blonde curly hair, the chiseled face. He did not stand a chance with him.

He didnt want to admit it, but it hurt him that she had moved on so fast with a much more handsome vampire.

Ace and Ivy returned to the Cullens home and enjoyed a cup of animal blood once more before heading to bed.

"You could have killed those dogs today, you know?"

"I know."

Ace side-eyed her. Looking for an angle or at least just trying to lead her. But it didn't work, Ace knew there was only one reason why.

"Why? Why didn't you kill him?"

"I-I don't know, Ace. I'm not worried about that right now."

"You love him."