- 21. 𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 & 𝗝𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆 -

.
.
.

Both Jake and Sunghoon jumped out of their seats as soon as the bell rang. They gave each other a small glance and lipped the word 'hi' before leaving out of the classroom. Jake left first to walk with Hyunjin not to seem suspicious.

Once Hyunjin and Jake bid their goodbyes to each other Jake started towards Choi's Chai. He walked fast but not fast enough for people to look at him strangely.

"Please do not do or say anything stupid," Sunoo told Sunghoon as they walked out of the building together. "I won't~," Sunghoon whined. "I'm just making sure. Call me after and tell me what happened. I need some positive news in my life," Sunoo stated causing Sunghoon's expression to sadden. "It'll be okay, Sunoo," He reassured the younger with a pat on the back. Sunoo only nodded as they reached Sunghoon's car.

"I'll call you," He confirmed to the younger before getting in his vehicle. Sunoo waved goodbye as Sunghoon drove off.

Sunghoon parked in the parking lot of the café and then entered the building. He immediately smiled seeing the boy he had missed badly sitting down at his regular table looking at something on his phone.

"Jakey!" The seventeen-year-old heard a voice very familiar to him squeal his name. He looked up and saw Sunghoon practically beaming with joy as he waddled over to him.

The other people in the café, even Soobin looked at Sunghoon like he was crazy but what other people thought of him wasn't on his mind at the moment.

Jake put down his phone and stood up, smiling at the younger's cuteness. Sunghoon engulfed Jake in the biggest hug he could. He nearly squeezed the boy to death before getting told by Jake to let go.

The two sat down across from each other. It was silent for a moment before Sunghoon decided to speak. "What the hell happened?" He questioned the boy in front of him. Jake took a small breath before explaining what happened.

Sunghoon's first reaction to his newly learned information was; "I'm literally gonna rip that bitch's face off!" Again the people who sat near the two glanced at the young man, slightly concerned.

"Please don't do that," Jake chuckled. Sunghoon rolled his eyes while crossing his arms. "So now what?" Sunghoon asked seething. "His sister, Yeji, told me the best thing to do is to break up with him as soon as possible," Jake explained. Sunghoon nodded slowly showing Jake he was listening but he looked deep in thought.

"I don't know how to... tell him," Jake admitted. "Why don't I tell him with my fist?" Sunghoon suggested. "I'm being serious, Hoon," Jake whined. "I am too," The younger of the two stated. Jake gave him a done expression resulting in Sunghoon caving, huffing out a small 'fine'. "Why don't you just tell him tomorrow?" Sunghoon asked. "I'm scared," Jake replied hesitantly.

Sunghoon got serious upon hearing what Jake said. "What are you scared of?" He asked trying not to show his worry. "What if he hurts me or you?" Jake asked to answer Sunghoon's question. Sunghoon could tell Jake was genuinely scared. "It'll be fine. I doubt he would pull anything but if he did I'll be there to protect you," The taller told the other. Those words comforted Jake a bit. He nodded silently.

"Wanna go get some dinner?" Sunghoon questioned the older boy. Jake moved his focus from the table to the male in front of him. "What if Hyunjin's there?" He asked. "We could go to my place if you'd like," Sunghoon offered. Jake shook his head. "I wouldn't want to disturb your parents," Jake denied. "It's okay, they're at work and will be there until ten," Sunghoon informed him. Jake nodded shyly, agreeing to eat at Sunghoon's place.

"We could go now and just order something later," Sunghoon suggested looking at Jake for approval. "Sure, let me go tell Hyung," Jake accepted the latter's suggestion. He then got up to tell the barista where he was headed.

Sunghoon was doing cartwheels in his head. His crush was going over to his house to spend time with him! Excited would be an understatement of how the boy felt. Never in a million years did he think something this amazing happen to him.

"He said I can go as long as we don't...," Jake trailed off. "As long as we don't what?" Sunghoon asked with an elevated eyebrow. "Y'know," Jake spoke in a higher pitch than his normal one, moving his hands like he was trying to think of another thing to say. Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding what the older was trying to say. He felt a pair of eyes on him that didn't belong to Jake. He looked up at the owner and saw Soobin giving him the look. Sunghoon's lips formed an 'o' as he understood what Jake was gesturing to. He gave Soobin an innocent smile before taking Jake's right hand in his and walking out of the café.

The duo entered the ravenette's car and headed toward's Sunghoon's house. It wasn't too far away from where they were. It was only around a five-minute drive. At first, it was silent. Only the sound of other cars and people on the street could be heard. "Did you miss me?" Jake asked, instantly regretting doing so. The question caught Sunghoon off guard. "Y-yeah," He choked on air as his cheeks turned a faint red. Luckily for Sunghoon, it wasn't visible to Jake.

Jake smiled at his answer but hid it by pretending to wipe his lips, getting rid of an invisible liquid. 'Why am I so happy that he missed me? Why'd I ask that question in the first place?' Jake asked himself in his head, oblivious to his own feelings.

"Did you miss me?" Sunghoon asked the smaller human. Now, Jake was the one caught off guard. Sunghoon was waiting for an answer but after a few seconds he didn't get one. He looked at Jake and saw him not being able to contain his flustered state. "You missed me didn't you, sweetheart?" Sunghoon teased the older. Jake stayed quiet whilst hiding his face from the younger. Sunghoon smiled at Jake. He thought he was extremely cute and wanted to keep teasing him to get more adorable reactions but he didn't due to the fact he was driving.

The two arrived at Sunghoon and his parent's home quickly. When Jake saw it's exterior he let out an audible gasp. The house wasn't too extravagant. It was a pretty normal suburban home. It had two stories and was mostly white and had a few brick accent walls which were a cool shade of grey. The roof was a darker shade of grey and covered in leaves due to the trees around it shedding them. The front lawn was well kept and unlike the roof, there were no leaves.

Surrounding the front of the house was the rock garden Sunghoon had mentioned on their "date". There was also a porch that had a couch swing attached to it. The porch was also well kept and had a cute welcome mat in front of the door and two green grassy plants on either side of the door.

In conclusion, it looked way better than Jake's. He wished his house had the aesthetic of the one in front of him. He was kind of jealous. Why did this family of three have such a big and beautifully kept home when his family of three had a messy two-bedroom one? He didn't want to think that way so he shook his head a bit. After admiring the house he caught up with Sunghoon who was already halfway up the driveway.
.
.
.

a/n note!!: hii! felt like double updating today!
i got some dark blood albums today so i've been in a good mood. i hope you're having a good day/night
May 🌷

̤̥

1338 words