The Surprise

Rachel tapped her foot impatiently as she stood by the luggage carousal at JFK ,waiting for it to start up and proceed with her suitcase.

She've been away since 3 weeks. Ralph Lauren had sent her to paris for a conference meeting for a month, but it turned out it got all summed up and sorted a week earlier. It didnt take much time for Rachel before to stuff up her luggage and fly all the way to Newyork. To home. To Ross.

She watched as her suitcase to roll out at first. She eagerly reached for the handle and pulled her luggage off and upright, pulling it behind her as she walked in the direction of arrivals.

............................................................................

In a friday after a long day of work, Ross came in to his appartment, chucking his binder which contained the papers of the students that needed to be graded, to the side of the couch. He loosened the knot of the tie and rolled his sleeve up. Ross glanced over to room and found Emma's stuffed t rex laying aimlessly under the sofa. He grinned to himself.

Much to Rachels annoyance, Emma always showed a little more interest towards science and even if at first Ross had to force the stuffed animal to her, now she really needed that to get into bed.
He missed his daughter. Ofcourse, the little girl needed to bond with her grandparents. But, Rachel being away, she was the only tiny thing which he had for himself. The mini version of Rachel.

He missed her. His Rachel. Even though they tried to get in contact everyday, sometime the time scheldule, the fatigating works and the stress would totally drain them out and making it really difficult for him to cope. She had went to Paris. The place she wished the most for. The place she gave up on for. Will she regret her decision?

Stress was building inside him when he exited himself to the bathroom and took a hot shower in there.

While coming out of the shower, it didnt went unnoticed by Ross as his phone rang.

"Yes"?

"Hey...is this my favourite Dr on the line"?

Asked a very chirpy Rachel, lightning up Ross's face. Even if he had the worst of all days, the presence of Rachel, even her mere voice was all that needed to soothe him.

"Yeah, thats him". He heard the chuckle of Rachel at the other side.

"How you been"?

"Ugh..had a tedious day. But now..as i heard your voice..i guess i am fine". Said Ross.

"Well...you'll get more of me real sooner. Come and pick me up" said Rachel in a kind of order by suddenly adding more pressure to the words,  suppressing her excitement.

"Where? At paris"? The silliness reflected through his voice.

There was no reply from the other end. Ross felt his heart beat race and face blush. He ran his fingers through his wet locks.

"Oh my god! You are not at Paris are you"?

He did not get a reply but a stifled laughter. There were muffled voices of random people on the background, confusing Ross even more.

"Tell me damn you. Where do you want me to come and pick you"? His tone mixed with baffle and puzzle intruiged Rachel to laugh softly.

"Where else? At airport silly"!

She heard the excited squeal from the other side.

"Ross, calm yourself" Do not meaning a word she said. She always loved the way Ross got excited for her. She enjoyed that.

"My girfriend is surprising me women! I am allowed to get excited".

"Come on faster..if you wanna get excited more...later at the bed". said Rachel with her slurty tone.

"I am COMING!
........................................................................

Rachel had missed both Ross and Emma terribly. Being away from them was torture. There wasnt any other word to explain it. Her days at Paris was eventful. Ofcourse it was the fashion capital. It really kept Rachel occupied. But it was the nights which left her feeling alone. Empty.
Even though she was this fierce, independent women, at the end of the day, she want nothing but to nestle her face on to the crook of her boyfriend's neck  and fall asleep. Feeling the warmth and enjoying the attention.

..........................................................................

Ross crossed the car to the side of the building and turned to the corner that leads to the central gate. Letting through s stream of passengers and family, his eyes scanned for the one face which he missed for weeks. Amidst the crowd, the voices and sign boards, he spotted her right away. Her hair was put together in a messy ponytail, with bangs coming into her face as the wind blew. Her jeans rode down her hips, faded on her thigh with a tear on her knee matching with a white shirt and a black leather jacket.

Even without anything fancy, without even trying, she always had that in her, to have that effect on him. Rachel looked around and saw that goofy grin, which she fell in love with. She noticed that he had allowed his beard to grow a little. With a sigh, she pushed her luggage towards him.

"Hey you" she breathed out when she made it by his side. The tiredeness in her eyes dissolving at the sight of him. Ross pulled her into a tight hug, pressing her against his body. Their lips met for a passionate kiss.

Its been too long.

How is it? Please leave your opinions! Thats the one thing which urge me to continue!