A baby's first laugh

The moon's light shone through a window of a newborn baby's room just as a fairy flew by .

The fairy stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the child cry . She flew through the open window and approached the wailing infant

." hello ." Said to the child . The baby looked up , her pale blue eyes widening at the sight of the fairy .

The fairy smiled when the baby stopped crying . She always had soft spot in her heart for children , too bad she would never see her son ever again .

She then began to sing the child a lullaby . The baby then began to laugh , and just as she did a glowing orb was formed from the laughter .

The fairy smiled even more when she saw it was the child's first laugh . That meant there may possibly be a new fairy .

The chances were very slim . Not every laugh makes it to pixie hollow , most get caught in tree limbs or fall in water . There was still hope though .

The fairy smiled as she watched the glowing orb as it raced out the window into the cool night .

The shining ball of laughter flew up a path leading to a cliff . At the cliff stood a fluffy dandilion flower , waving in the gentle breeze .

Just before the orb collided with the flower it burst into 3 smaller orbs . The dandilion seeds were knocked into the night on impact .

Out of the 20 fluffs only 3 were carried by the wind toward the second star on the right . One of dandilion seeds was large and intimidating . Another was beautiful and graceful . The last was small and had trouble keeping up with its two companion's .

The small one was nearly lost and wouldn't have made it if it weren't for the beautiful , graceful one whom helped push it along the way .

Finally the the 3 dandilion fluffs began to drift down towards never land . As they did, they glided past the billowing pirate ship sails and mermaid lagoon.

Just as the three of them were about to fly into pixie hollow a raven swooped down and grabbed the largest dandilion fluff with its beak and carried it far away in to the shadows , never to be seen again .

The 2 survivors were carried on the breeze toward the pixie dust tree , where their life would soon begin .