Prologue

After the conquest of Queen Daenyra "the Conqueror" Targaryen, the world stood united as the three realms were the heads of one dragon. 

Her legacy lived on through her children: Rhaegar, Aemma, Viserys, Visserra, Aerys, Rhaegon, and Visenya. 

As time went on the dynasty of the House Targaryen grew. Rhaegar and Aemma had seven children, true dragons just like them. Rhaegon and Visenya got married when she turned sixteen and they had four children together. Aerys married the daughter of Gwen Lancelot, and together they had one son who would inherit the title of protector of the realm. Viserra died during childbirth of her second pair of twins leaving her twin and husband Viserys alone with his four children and the heirship of Valyria hanging over his head.

As the Golden Generation grew, the generation of the Queen and her three husbands was slowly fading.

Daemon Targaryen died of old age at age 72, after a happy 27 years married to Queen Daenyra Targaryen.

Aemond got sick shortly after and died at age 48.

Derek Snow too had passed a few years prior of old age.

Aegon too was growing more feeble at the age of 62. As the last of the three dragon heads, he remained by Daenyra's side. But one fundamental truth was coming to pass...

The reign of the Golden Queen was coming to an end.

She too could feel her life fading as the mighty dragon queen, lay in her bed feeling the sickness consume her.

Her children had been called back to Camelot to say their goodbyes. The Golden Queen would soon pass on and the Realms would be divided once more.

The people already mourned the end of her reign, even though she wasn't yet dead.

Aegon sat at her bedside, he kissed her knuckles and laughed at her poorly timed jokes. He was trying his best to remain strong but as he watched the light of his life fade it grew more difficult to stay afloat.

"Aegon..."

"Yes, my diamond?"

"I feel the stranger approaching... I am not long for this world..."

A sob escaped him as Aegon moved to lay beside her, holding Daenyra close, "You can not leave me. I can not live in a world where you don't exist."

"Our legacy is made. Our time is done. The present is becoming the past... We were not mortals, born to be buried... We were gods who will live on through the ages as legends. Thank you, Aegon, for loving me..."

"Thank you, Daenyra, for the life and love you gave me." Tears fell down his face as he caressed the silver hair on her head.

"When I die... Burn me with my crown... Let my children forge their own with the ashes... I was a Pawn now I'm a Queen... I won the game, Aegon... I won..."

With that, the Golden Queen faded and the new Kings and Queens were given the time to shine...

"From ash to flame... You won the game."

"Do it again..."

"Push! Your majesty, I see the head you must push!" A male voice barked as the screams of agony shot through the room like a crack of lightning.

Fear filled the woman, begging the old gods and the new that this child would just leave her womb.

With one final roar, the babe was free and a war cry erupted from the young babe, startling the maester a bit.

"A girl, your majesty. A young princess healthy and kicking like a goat." He said cutting the cord and handing the babe to her mother.

There she was, white-haired and roaring like a dragon. Lyanna Stark sobbed with relief as she held her babe.

Another blinding pain shot through the young queen.

"Another, your majesty! Twins!"

This time when she was handed the babe she saw little wisps of black hair shone like a crown on the prince's head.

King Rhaegar ii barged into the room checking on his second wife and smiling at his new son and daughter. He looked down at the gorgeous violet-eyed princess and the Stark-like son and all he could feel was pride.

"Have you thought of names?" The Maestor asked grinning like a madman.

Even with the rebellion raging and the realms divided the world seemed to need another golden heir to restore the house of the dragon to its rightful place... He knew exactly what he should name the future of Westeros.

"Prince Aegon iii Targaryen and Princess Daenyra ii Targaryen," Rhaegar answered as the baby looked up at him seeming to answer to her name.

Welcome back to the game, Daenyra Targaryen.