𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬

eurydice, forgive the winds, forgive the sun, forgive the moon, forgive the stars, forgive the rain, for never loving you as i will

forgive the moon, forgive the stars, forgive the rain, for never loving you
as i will.

orpheus and eurydice, michan bakhuis

BEST READ IN ꒱ *ೃ༄
dark background,
georgia font,
any size.

SUMMARY ꒱ *ೃ༄

   THE VOWS FORGED by the gods were eternal, fabricated with precision and certainty

   THE VOWS FORGED by the gods were eternal, fabricated with precision and certainty. They ran deep in the streams of the rivers they carved and sprouted from the roots of the trees they passed through, forever staining the soil with sacred commitment. The gods knew this, whether they chose to express it or not, and they were aware of the consequences of opposition.

     Yet, defiance was inevitable for those dammed to eternal life, always brewing in the ichor running in the veins of their offspring. Time would continue to pass and pledges would continue to be discarded, splintering like fragments of wood as grains of stolen time spiralled down deserted hourglasses. To pour faith into outlived oaths could only be considered foolish, naive even.

And crash-landing in the middle of a torn vow, Colette Archer had been born with eyes of starry silver and painted with constellations buried in the freckles of her skin. An ignited spark of everlasting distinction that rumbled the ground below. Born from the cracks of a promise, and tethered to a life shortened by tragedy, always lingering on the precipice of an abyss of disregarded heroes, each adored less than the last.

     It often left her questioning her own existence, glaring at the sky and hoping that the brazen narrowness of her gaze would scar the heavens above.

Of course that wasn't to say she resented her mother's actions, not at all. It was because of the goddess that she had the liberty to meet those like her those with ethereal gold in their blood and power building at their calloused fingertips. Her days were spent soaking in the glory of the passing seasons, safe within the grounds of Camp Half-Blood with many other children of the gods blessed with their own unique qualities and abilities.