Asking Her Out

Y/N's POV

I have been best friends with Enid Sinclair since we were 6 years old. Our families met at a function for outcasts, and we got on like a house on fire. We are Nevermore's Wolf x Vamp duo, and held that title proudly. She calls me her brother, so when I took a liking to her girl best friend Wednesday Addams, she became incredibly protective over the both of us.

"So, what's your situation with Wednesday?" Enid asked as I laid on her bed, the two of us listening to Taylor Swift. Wednesday was in a meeting with Principal Weems.

"I really like her, Eeny." I sighed. She smiled at the nickname, something I have called her since we first met. I initially thought her name was actually Eeny, until her mother corrected me after a week of hanging out together.

"Like, genuinely? It's not just a stupid obsession that you'll get over in a week?" she sighed, brushing through her hair.

"Eeny, I've liked her since I first laid eyes on her. I dunno, I think I might be falling in love with her." Enid turned to me with a huge smile on her face.

"Seriously???"

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"Oh. Em. GEE!!!!" She squealed, making me laugh as I covered my ears to block out the high pitched sound.

"I think I'm going to ask her on a date." I proclaimed proudly.

"Be careful." Enid said sternly, her excitement fading quickly as she remembered exactly who we were dealing with. 

"She's not gonna hurt me, Enid. I know she's scary, but I can handle it." I said as I scrolled through my phone.

"Okay, so you're confident you can handle her. But if she says yes, and you treat her like shit, God help the day I wolf out because I will tear you to pieces, Y/N." I choked slightly on my own saliva. Enid could be pretty intimidating, and she seemed to really value and love Wednesday.

"I do not need you to stick up for me." a voice called from the doorway, making us both jump.

"Jesus Wednesday." Enid sighed as she clutched her chest.

"Hello Enid. Y/N." 

"Shit, hi Weds." I smiled, knowing she likely heard everything. She was probably at the door that whole time. The corners of her mouth turned up into a slight smirk as I spoke. She made her way to her side of the room, taking out a large book.

"How did the meeting go?" Enid asked. 

"Fine. She thinks my behaviour is improving."

"Oh, that's so great!" Enid smiled. Wednesday's eyes flashed up from the book, staring straight at us.

"Why were you both talking about me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh..." I stuttered. She knew why, she just wanted to hear it again.

"Y/N wanted to-"

"Yeah um. I was just wondering if you wanted to hit the Weathervane this weekend? Grab a coffee?" I asked, much more nervous than before.

"You don't drink coffee." the dark-haired girl pointed out.

"Yeah I uh, I have the hot chocolate. You, um, you do though, right? Drink coffee I mean."

"Yes. Why are you asking me?"

"Uh. I just um... I think you're really cool and uh... beautiful... and I want to spend some um... time with you... alone. See if you're... interested?"

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Yeah."

"You'll regret it."

"Don't think I will."

"You're oddly confident about that."

"I know what I want."

We sat in an uncomfortable silence while Wednesday deliberated.

"Fine." She broke the silence.

"Wait, really??"

"Yes."