Three

"You look so good, princess." Slone says, shamelessly checking Courtney out. Courtney giggles, "Thank you, baby." She says softly, checking herself out in the mirror, fluffing out her hair a bit. Slone had just finished packing her room. Slone had mentioned to Courtney that she was moving, but Courtney never asked where, "Do you have to go out, mama?" Slone had a certain look in her eye that Courtney knew all too well. Courtney bit her lip, "I mean I can, but I don't want to."

Slone playfully rolls her eyes, "I guessss..." She mutters with a pout. Courtney giggles again, "Don't worry, baby. I'm gonna be home to you soon." She semi jokes. Slone laughs, "Hurry, the kids miss you." She jokes back. Courtney laughs a little harder, "Bye, Mani!" She says, using Slone's middle name. Slone nods before the phone hangs up.

Slone stands up and stretches. Slone's homeboy shakes his head, "Y'all gon fuck when y'all meet each other in real life." Kendrick says with a laugh. Slone shakes her head and looks down with a slight blush, "Nah, she not like that homie." She says, dropping her head shyly. Kendrick raises an eyebrow, "By the way she was bendin ova n shakin ha ass the otha day on the phone, highly unlikely."

Slone laughs slightly, "She was drunk n she was havin fun." She defends. Kendrick raises an eyebrow, "You was lookin, huh? Dat recoil was amazin huh? You wanna get behind dat?" He asks. Slone crosses her arms, "No comment." She mutters making Kendrick laugh, "Yeah, ok. Now, help me pack, nigga." He says. Slone hums, "Ight. You know what the house look like, right?" She asks. Kendrick nods with a slight smile, "Yea, I know, lil bit." He says, packing up the movie collection they had,

"How does it feel to be livin by yoself now, twin?" Kendrick asks. Slone shrugs, "I don't want to," Kendrick's eyes softened, "But, I know I have to." She finishes. Kendrick smirks, "Think about it like dis, you get to break in every room of that house." He says, playfully humping the air. Slone facepalms, "Kendrick." She mutters. The melanin boy laughed, "I'm jus sayin, you act like you won't bend ya over that counter and make dem eyes roll back!" He exclaims. Slone squirms slightly, "That's highly inappropriate to be talking about. And we just started talking bro, I'm NOT fuckin!" She says in the same tone.

Kendrick raises an eyebrow, "So, you potentially inviting this girl over, y'all here by y'all selves, watchin Netflix n shi... she kiss u n she jus gets on top of u, u not fuckin?" He asks. Slone bites her lip with a conflicted look, "Oh my god... you actually like her..." Kendrick mutters in disbelief. Slone nods silently.

Courtney looks at her phone, trying to stop her self from texting Slone. They had been on the phone everyday for almost 3 months now. Courtney felt as if she was being annoying or clingy, but at the same time, Slone was making her feel things that nobody else had every made her feel and she wanted to hold on to that and cherish it, "Courtney, stop over thinking. This is a girl's night, Slone understands." Doris says, sipping her drink.

Courtney shrugs, "It's not that. I know Slone understands." She mutters. Ariyan leans close, "What is it?" Courtney opens her mouth but then closes it and shakes her head, "It's nothing." She laughs out, "Let's just turn up, ok?" Courtney says with a slight smirk. Doris and Ariyan were still skeptical, but they didn't say anything.

"I had so much fun..." Courtney says, running her fingers through her hair. Slone smiles, "That's good, princess." She says leaning back in her gaming chair in front of her tv. Courtney hums, "I love it when you call me that." She giggles out. Slone nods, "I know, that's why I do it." She says. The two fell into a comfortable silence, besides Slone's random cursing that made Courtney laugh, "Armaniiii." Courtney whines. Slone looks over, "Hm?" She asks. Courtney huffs, "Pay attention to me." She says softly.

Slone tried to refrain from letting a smile form on her face, "Alright alright." She says, pausing her game, "You got it. You got my full attention." Slone says in the same tone as Courtney.

Courtney's mouth went dry. She wasn't expecting Slone to pause her game or pay her any attention. The others didn't, "I um..." Courtney laughs a little, "I didn't expect you to actually do that." She says honestly, finally sobering up a bit. Slone clasps her hands and leans forward, "Ion know what type of niggas you used to, princess... but I ain't one of them." She says seriously.

Courtney looks away from her phone, feeling herself tear up slightly, "I'm... I'll call you later..." She says, hanging up.

Slone frowns slightly, wondering if she said something wrong. She wanted to call her back, but fought against it. Maybe Courtney needed some time to herself.