Chapter 1

Banban sighed, looking over the railing into the abyss they used to call a ball pit. He'd just done something bad with Opila.

He had always liked her, how her feathers would shimmer in the daycare lighting. Her beautiful eyes that he could get lost in for decades. But, the problem had always been that she was taken by another man.

Banban never liked Tarta, the way he groomed Opila's feathers and stared into her eyes always pissed him off. That should be him. Not some dumbass blue bird.

Banban would give up after Opila laid her and Tarta's eggs. She was happy, that's all Banban ever wanted, and if it means she has to be with Tarta to do so, then he figured he should give up.

So Banban began to look for another girl... or boy, he didn't care. Hell, he got drunk one night and made out with Jumbo Josh. Anyway, after a few good weeks of searching, he met Banbaleena. She was eye-catching for obvious reasons, her curves, her makeup, and her bright white fur.

Banban was awestruck, and little did he know, Banbaleena was too. He approached her and they talked for hours, exchanging numbers and planning to meet up again in the future. Maybe this whole moving on thing wasn't so bad after all.

They started dating after just a few days. That's how compatible they were.

But it all changed when Opila got in a serious fight with Tarta. He pecked her in the eyes and pushed her into the ballpit as she squawked in pain, her beautiful eyes becoming bloodshot. It was so horrific that they had to empty the ball pit.

When Banban heard of this, he was on a date with Banbaleena. He told her that something came up and he had to go, feeling his emotions towards Opila come flooding back.

He ran as fast as he could to the hospital to see if his crush was okay, but when he walked into her room, Tarta was standing by her bed and apologizing. Banban furrowed his eyebrows and began to yell at the blue bird about what he'd done.

Tarta looked upset as Opila raised her head, bandages over her once mesmerizing eyes. Banban saw this and began to physically attack Tarta.

A few days after that incident, Tarta was taken to court by Opila and charged with aggravated assault before divorcing each other. Tarta went to jail and Opila went to Banban.

That's where we are now in the story. Banban shakes his head. "What am I gonna tell Banbaleena..." he squeezes his eyes shut, covering his face with his hands.

Opila walks in, with a worried look on her face. Sure, she knows about Banbaleena, and she knows it's petty to hook up with your best friend right after getting divorced, but she doesn't feel bad about that. She's only worried about Banban.

Opila skitters over, her avian claws tapping on the concrete floor, and puts a comforting wing around Banban. "Banban... I'm sorry... wah heeyah..." She rests her head on Banban's side, making a sound that can only be described as a sad angry birds squawk.

"I know... but it's not your fault, Opila. I'm the bad one here, I'm the cheater." Banban looks at Opila before squatting down to her level. "I just don't know what to do. I've always liked you, Opila, but Banbaleena was there for me when you weren't." He growls.

"Banban... I'm a mother and I was a wife... I'm sorry I was busy." She huffed. Banban doesn't understand what it's like to have children. "I didn't know you liked me... so you can't blame me for having six kids and a husband to look after. Heeyah." Opila looks away from Banban, saddened by his lack of understanding.

Banban stands back up, balling his hands into fists. "So you don't have enough time for just one more person. I got it." He sighs and turns to leave. "Banban, you don't got it! You don't know my situation! Why are you being like this?!" Opila squawks, causing Banban to pause and look back at her.

"Maybe I don't wanna know anymore." He hisses before stomping away. Opila tears up and begins to cry, her salty tears making her eyes hurt like hell. She had no one.

___🦤___

Hay, thanks for reading the first chapter to my Garten of Ban Ban fanfic. Despite being written in a serious fashion, this will be purely satire. Love u mwa mwa 😘