Foreword

C O P Y R I G H T

C O P Y R I G H T

This book bears the copyright of Ashleigh Reeds. This means that no part of this story may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form - by means of electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning, screenshot or otherwise unless authorized by the author.

_____________

S U M M A R Y

Leading the largest, most feared werewolf pack in America wasn't easy.

As the Alpha, Haden Pierce carried the strength of his pack on his shoulders since his father was attacked by rogues. At the age of 17, he was forced to build bonds, strengthen relationships, and create a pack aura that no one would dare challenge. He led by fear, but he also led by loyalty and a determination to protect his family at all costs. After the years passed, and not finding his mate, he had given up on finding his mate and planned out his future so his pack would remain strong from the rogues that threatened to bring them down. His hatred of rogues and what they stood for ran deep.

That was until Zara Ferrari, his mate, crossed his lands.

The very thing he despised - a rogue - was now his mate. And as much as he tried to fight, as much as he tried to resist, the fire between them was undeniable. Would he give in or will they both get burned?

DISCLAIMER:

IGNITE is a slow-burn but you'll enjoy passionate mates, possessive exes, reunited families, unexpected betrayals and so much more! If you love the heat and don't mind some suspense that will have you at the edge of your seat waiting for the next chapter, click 'Start Reading' and enjoy ;)

Also, this is a rewrite of Unwillingly, Unprotected Heart. A lot of the scenes and character stories have changed so no need to read that one if you haven't already.
Start fresh with Ignite :D

_____________

E X T R A C T

"Did you honestly think you could escape from us?" I asked skeptically once I stood in front of her again. The rogue had no response. "did you think your attack on our pack would go unnoticed?" I continued. She still had no response, which only infuriated me more.

"Did you think you and your band of misfits would be any match for us? They're all dead... all but you," I carried on, not missing the way her fists clenched at the mention of her dead comrades. "You rogues are all the same, and you all belong the same place - 6 feet under. And look at all the destruction you've caused! Did you honestly think you stood a chance with us?"

Still no response.

She kept her head down, her blonde hair handing down in her face, the remnants of branches and leaves tangled in her curls. At this stage, especially with my reputation of killing rogues on sight, my prisoners would be on their knees begging for their lives. Their cries and screams would fill this room as I ripped them limb from limb, gathering all the information I could about other rogue camps that needed to be eliminated.

Not this one.

Instead of cries and pleas, silence bounced off my ears. I don't know if she had given in to the defeat or if she was just daring enough to not say anything at all.

"Who sent you? Who are you working for?" I questioned her as I circled her once again, clasping my arms behind my back as I paced. Again, no response. With me behind her, I swept my feet underneath her and watched her fall to her knees.

Again, I was met with no response.

"Answer me rogue!" I shouted again, the anger finding my core and unleashing the monster within me. I gripped a fist full of her hair and pulled her head up as I continued, "and look at me when I'm talking to you! Who the hell sent---"

Oh, fuck me.

All the anger subsided as a beautiful pair of blue eyes connected with my own. I was staring into shades of blue that couldn't compare to blue skies on a clear day. The realization hit me harder than I thought it would and I didn't need my wolf to confirm it. The tremor shook me before he said anything, the feeling of the bond being created.

Mate, my wolf called out in my head, immediately softening to her. Immediately forgetting that she was the enemy.

Fuck my life.

***

I want to thank everyone who read the original book, Unwillingly, Unprotected Heart! You stuck through the cringey scenes and I truly appreciate you for it. That book grew to 1.5 million reads and I couldn't have done that without you. Now buckle up for the fully refreshed version of Haden and Zara's story (without all the confusion).

And for the newcomers, welcome and thank you for checking this story out! You're really in for a treat and I can't wait until you meet these amazing characters.

Happy reading!

- Ashleigh

2024 © Ashleigh Reeds. All rights reserved.