Prologue (short)

Melone walked down the narrow, empty hallway. 2 mirrors resided on one side, whilst a painting done by Melone himself rested on the other. His steps echoed in the tall ceilings, while the dim lighting created a suspenseful effect.

He knocked on Ghiaccio's beaten down door, worry coating his face.

"...Who is it...?" His scratchy voice filled Melone's pierced ears.

"It's Melone..." He replied. Ghiaccio opened the door to see a nervously stanced Melone, and gestured for the lilac-haired man to enter his room.

"I...I wanted to check on you..." Melone sat down on Ghiaccio's bed, the springs creaking under him.

"I'm fine.." He mumbled. He sat next to Melone and set down his glasses on his nightstand.

Melone ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know how to feel...We're under a new boss now...what does this mean..?" Melone stared at his feet.

"I wouldn't be too worried," Ghiaccio reassured, "We always bounce back.."

Melone nodded and stood up. "Thanks, anyways.." He stepped out of the room and shut the door. He rested his back on the wall and covered his face with hands.

Melone never really knew how to feel about Ghiaccio. He thought of him as a friend, sure, but there was some form of...tension... between the two. He knew Ghiaccio felt it too. They acted as friends typically do, if you ignore the screaming and horny-ness, but there was much more. He pulled himself together and walked down the hall.

"Melone, can I speak with you?" Risotto's head peeked out of his room.

"Yeah, sure." Melone kept his composure and made his way to the white-haired man's office. Each footstep made the old floorboards beneath him groan. It almost felt suspenseful.

As he stepped into the dark office, he felt an almost unwelcoming aura engulf him. Shivers were sent chilling down his spine. Straightening his posture, he sat in the chair across from Risotto.

"I have a mission for you."