Prologue

Bold means action
Italics mean thought

It was over, i couldn't keep fighting anymore... night city was burning, lucy, Rebecca, David, all of them, all of the edgerunners were dead, Every merc, gang member, solo, nomad, and netrunners in night city were dead.

militech and arasaka had gained complete control over night city as I was laying there on debris, a metal rod was lodged in my body, through my back and out my stomach.

"Lucy.. Rebecca... David... everyone... I failed... you.. all... I'm... COUGH sorry..." I strained as I coughed up blood before looking the the corpses of my dead allies and friends.

I then heard loud mechanical footsteps and the footsteps of the six others as I looked up at them, my vision getting blurry as I then saw the two men who were the cause of my misery.

(Atlas)

(Atlas)

(Imagine the guy on the bottom is wearing militech armor and specially made militech jacket)

"I'm sorry it had to end out this way son, but trying to end the world with that ai was to much of a risk I couldn't leave alone" the man as I looked at him in pain as I couldn't see his eyes as I was breathing heavily now, everything was getting blurrier as it was now getting more and more difficult to hear or see anything.

"I-if i could go back, if I could have another chance to save them... I would take it, no matter what happens... god... if you can hear me... hear me out... this one time..." I thought to myself before I then couldn't hold onto anything anymore before it all went dark as I closed my eyes as the last thing I felt was my dad hugging me before I finally zeroed out and flatlined.

It was all dark, what's done is done and now I can't do anything more, my fate lies in darkness as I couldn't see anything, something began to drag me but I didn't offer any resistance anymore as what could I do? Everything started to get brighter as it then turned bright suddenly as I was then found myself as I saw that I was sitting down on a bench as I then looked to my left and saw an elderly man with a bushy white beard.

"I imagine that you didn't think that you'd end up here huh?" The man said as I looked at him before sighing as I looked and saw the man,

"I don't know who you are or where I am" I said before looking ahead again as I was not sure if this was real or something else.

"Well I'm the guy you asked to hear you out for one time, and As for where you are? You are between heaven and purgatory" god said as I looked at him surprised, so he did decide to hear me out on my plead.

"So I'm not in hell or heaven, I can take that, but will you hear me out on my pleas" I asked god as I looked at him as I felt a bit regretful because of what I couldn't save my friends

"I can tell what you regret, not saving your friends, feeling weak and powerless to stop those megacorps, normally I wouldn't do this but in comparison to the rest of the new United States your goals were noble so I decided to give you another chance" god said as I felt a bit happy at that he was even giving me a chance, I then looked at god.

"Thanks, I will make the most of it" I said before I looked at god but I could tell that he wasn't done yet.

"I'm not done yet, I will send you back to the day of your birth, you will keep all the memories of this life and this meeting with you, you also get to choose some extra abilities that will give you an edge" he said as a paper appeared in my hand, like he said it would give me an edge as I looked at the abilities and chose them before I handed the paper back to god.

"toxin immunity, underwater breathing, that's less then I was expecting, but I know you Sirius, you never saw cyberwear as something you needed unless in a emergency Sirius" god said as I looked at him before he laughed a bit before I then stood up.

"Alright god, I'm ready to restart my life with new changes" I said as I looked at god before I then stood up as I then heard him say something, "some of the people you knew as guys in this life will be female this time, that's it so good luck in this new life Sirius"

God said as I then closed my eyes as god was restarting the timeline, all for this one shot with the changes he said, lucy, David, Jackie, V, Rebecca,everyone... I can't wait to see you all again.

Prologue end