𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢: 𝗴𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗲𝘀! :𝟏𝟑

♪♫❝ ᴵ ᵈⁱᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵇᵃᵈ, ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰⁱˢ
ᴾʳᵒᵐⁱˢᵉ ᴵ'ᵈ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ, ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ˢᵉᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒⁿᵗʳᵒˡ ⁱᵗ ❞♪♫
— ​𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 ʙʏ 𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚒𝚘

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️🎭♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

𝑇𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 was excited when he was allowed to return on missions was an understatement; he was ecstatic to return and be helpful to Emperor Belos again.

Hunter knew he deserved the punishment, but it still tortured his very soul when his uncle told him he wouldn't be allowed to leave the castle for a month.

The blonde didn't care if they were simpler missions than his usual tasks; he was still willing to do them even though he wished to be more beneficial to Emperor Belos.

"You'll probably want to wear gloves, Little Miss Perfect, since you two will be cleaning up a trash slug's carcass," Darius commented when the two teenagers stood waiting at the abomination head's desk—Annika's features formed into a disgusted look.

Darius continued. "The carcass has been polluting the non-boiling water system in Ristrul for about a month, but the villages around Ristrul can't take care of the problem because they have work and families, so we offered to help them out."

Hunter nodded with determination and was about to leave the office, but Annika held his shoulder to stop him and asked Darius with a raised brow. "Wait, who's 'we'?"

"Does it matter?" Darius asked.

Annika harshly sighed as she let go of Hunter's shoulder. "Fine, I'll go find some gloves."

"Don't worry, I've gotten you a pair," Darius pulled out a pair of gloves from his desk and put them on the table for Annika to take, which she did.

Darius soon waved his hands at the teens, gesturing for them to leave. "Now, shoo; I have other things to do."

Hunter hurriedly walked out of the office while Annika raised her brow at the older witch and soon rolled her eyes before leaving.

"C'mon, hurry up. We don't have all day!" The blonde urged her.

The brunette furrowed her brows at his comment. "What are you talking about? We have plenty of time."

"Why aren't you taking this seriously?"

"Uh, because we're cleaning a dead carcass, not making a meal for the Titan."

"Well, Emperor Belos and the people of Ristrul need us," he explained. "And if Emperor Belos needs us, that means he trusts us again, and we can't blow this chance." Hunter looked away as he scratched his cheek, muttering. "I can't blow this chance."

Annika looked at the boy with surprise and guilt. She never expected him to be somewhat open with his feelings, and she felt terrible for using Belos's name to get Hunter to unintentionally work in their favor.

The teenage girl reluctantly sighed; she knew emotions and sentiments couldn't get involved with their plan to work and that she was doing this for a good cause, even if a big part of her felt it was wrong. "Okay then, we should probably go by airship, so we can transport the trash slug to the burner."

Hunter nodded and ran to the airship station with Annika, who was running after him.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊⟡
〚 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 〛
⟡₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───
˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖