Chapter 2-Expecting The Unexpected

Leo placed his hand on Prue's shoulder, in a comforting way.

"I'll go check with The Elders, okay." He said.

Prue just quietly nodded.

"Yeah, okay." She said, while trying to calm down.

Leo then orbed out.

Prue stared at the now empty playground in the distance. The children that had been there had left, a while ago. She'd wanted a child for so long, with Andy, but how was she finally going to get that; but without Andy. Prue glanced at her watch. Leo hadn't even been gone a full minute and she sighed. 'What am I going to do?' She mentally asked herself.

"I can't give my baby up, this child is very special in so many ways, and if this child is really Andy's child. It's not fair that he won't be able to be here with her." Prue said, to herself.

Ever since she'd seen her daughter in the future, she'd wanted to know her so badly, but was this really fair to anyone? Not to Andy because he wouldn't be able to spend time with his daughter, not to Prue because she would have to be a single mother, and especially not to their daughter because she'd have to grow up without a father and with the added responsibility of magic.

"Sure Pearl, Phiona, and Pam are happy magical kids. But they all have two, married, biological parents. Even though Pearl's father was also mortal, he was at least there and supportive of the magic. Phiona's father may have to go away a lot because he is a whitelighter and has other charges, but at least he is there, and even though Pam's father is half demon, he is still there." Prue said to herself, in a quiet tone.

Leo orbed back in, on the bench, next to Prue.

"What did you find out?" Prue asked, quickly.

"It's never happened before, there has never been a child both to a spirit and a mortal." Leo said.

"I didn't ask if it's happened before 'cause before Paige, whitelighter - witches had never happened. I asked if it was possible, Leo." Prue said.

Leo nodded.

"Yes, they said since Andy was as mortal as he was before he died, during that 24 hours, it is very possible. The child, if it is truly his, will be like any child you would have had with him if he hadn't died." He stated.

"So, then it is his child." Prue murmured.

She looked straight into Leo's eyes.

"I have to tell him." Prue said, in a voice that made it clear she would stop at nothing to tell him. "Orb me home."

She held out her hand.

Leo didn't bother to protest, he knew it wouldn't do him any good. He grabbed Prue's hand and orbed them out.

Leo orbed himself and Prue into the attic of the Halliwell Manor.

Prue walked over to the Book of Shadows, opened it to the page with the spell to summon a spirit.

"Leo, go get me a match." She said.

Leo obediently orbed out.

Prue waved her hand at a collection of candles on the ground, telekinetically moving them into a circle.

Leo orbed back in next to Prue, with a small box of matches in his hand.

"Here." He said, as he held out the box to Prue.

Prue took the box and pulled out a match, striking it against the box, lighting it. Then she waved her hand, telekinetically moving the match to the first candle, lighting it, then she telekinetically pulled the match back and blew it out. Then she squinted her eyes and telekinetically moved each candle that was unlit, to the lit candle, lighting them, and then moving them back to their original positions. When Prue was finished, she looked at the spell.

"Hear these words, here my cry, spirit from the other side, cross now, the great divide." She recited.

There was a swirl of white lights, in the center of the circle of candles, then Andy Truedeau appeared; he was dressed in the traditional, all white attire. Andy looked at Prue and gasped.

"Prue?" He asked.

Prue walked over to Andy, who was in his spirit form.

"Andy, I have something very important to tell you." She said.

"Prue, what's wrong?" Andy asked, knowing by the look on his love's face, it must be pretty serious.

"Andy I..." Prue's voice begins to choke up.

"It's okay, you know that you can tell me anything." Andy whispered.

He desperately wanted to hold her, but knew he'd go right through her.

Prue turned to Leo.

"Can you..." She stopped in mind sentence and motioned her hand, upwards.

Leo nodded.

"Sure." He said, quietly.

Then he orbed out.

Prue turned back to Andy.

"Now, what is it?" Andy asked.

"Andy, I... well... I'm not sure how to tell you this..." She whispered.

Andy shook his head.

"Take your time." He whispered.

Tears were streaming down Prue's face. She placed her hand over her flat stomach.

"Andy, I'm... I'm pregnant." She said.