Blooming Love

Jordan Kaytie Yun, also known as Jordi or JKY, is widely recognized as one of the most prominent individuals at the university, primarily due to her exceptional sense of humour

Jordan Kaytie Yun, also known as Jordi or JKY, is widely recognized as one of the most prominent individuals at the university, primarily due to her exceptional sense of humour. She has earned the reputation of being the class clown, always up to mischief and disrupting classes, often resulting in detention. However, her unique delinquent persona sets her apart from others. One might even consider her a deity or lord sent down to earth to prevent chaos. Despite her delinquent status, she has a strong aversion to bullying. People also harbour a certain fear towards her, attributed to her devilish appearance, personality, character, and, above all, her piercing eyes that resemble those of a Yakuza clan member.

Nevertheless, nobody truly knows the hidden secrets that lie within her until a transfer student arrives, completely overturning the established order. Suddenly, Jordi ceases to be the hero and finds herself unexpectedly connected to this newcomer, as if guided by fate.

 Suddenly, Jordi ceases to be the hero and finds herself unexpectedly connected to this newcomer, as if guided by fate

Hey guys!!!!!

It's Pride month! And do you know what that means? It means that I get to finally put up a story that I had been long working on in the category of LGBTQ. There are also a few things that I need to make clear of and also to say a few things.

Growing up in a cultural society like here in my place, LGBTQ is not accepted. Which also includes my parents. Always, I had to pretend that I was someone else. I never got to be myself most of the time. With my dad, I have to be like a boy, with my mom I have to be girly. From birth, as I grew up with these two identities, I became quite gender fluid. But when you walk out that door and meet with society, being gender queer and gender fluid is something very disgusting and something really bad. We have to break free of that cultural norm. It's sad to say that Sri Lanka is culturally based, very biassed and there is no freedom for LGBTQ individuals. I mean, this is no joke.

You walk out with a pride flag or a pride t-shirt and they judge you like we are humiliating the culture and doing something really bad that God doesn't even allow. Even with most of my friends, I had to hide my true identity. If any of my real life friends or family members are reading this right now, well I'm sorry to say I'm gender queer and gender fluid.