Forever a dream...

Ruby had been in a relationship with her high school sweetheart, Brandon, for years when she met Julia. Like a lightning bolt, Julia pierced through Ruby's heart as she walked through the door of the new café in town. Ruby didn't understand why she felt so drawn to Julia, but before long, it was clear that it wasn't just a passing feeling.

Every week, Ruby and Julia would sneak away to the same café. They'd talk for hours, share stories, and find ways to make each other laugh. As time went on, their relationship grew stronger and soon enough, Ruby couldn't imagine life without Julia.

One night, Ruby and Julia decided to take a walk in the park. As they strolled through the scenic pathways, everything felt like a dream. Lost in conversation and cuddled up to keep each other warm, they eventually found a secluded spot. Without thinking, Ruby leaned in and kissed Julia, finally allowing herself to feel how special Julia felt to her.

When Ruby finally fell asleep that night, she had the most vivid dream she'd ever experienced. In the dream, she and Julia were both taken away to a distant world where they could be together without worry or concern. They shared moments of pure bliss and felt more connected to each other than ever before, until Ruby slowly opened her eyes and found herself back in her own bedroom.

Although Ruby knew it was just a dream, a part of her never wanted to wake up. For a moment, she felt like love had come full circle and had found its way back to her. Despite the fact it was all a dream, it was a moment that forever changed Ruby. Because of that dream, she realized it was alright to both love Brandon and be in love with Julia, who had unknowingly shown Ruby what it meant to love another woman with her entire heart.

The End.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this (very) short story! I had fun writing it and hope to write more if this gets a positive review(?).

(350 words)