One

I can see the sun peeking through the window, as I hear the birds chirping. I must have waken up earlier today considering I haven't heard my alarm go off yet.

I take a look at my clock and read '8:13'. "Shit, shit, shit". I must have slept through the alarm, I was supposed to wake up at 7:30 for gods sake!!

I jolt out of bed and hurry with a quick shower before dressing up in the same boring outfit I wear everyday. I gather all the stuff I need and throw everything in the backseat of my car. Well, I guess I'll have to miss breakfast today. I speed my way to work, so I'll get there as soon as possible. I'm already too late.

I let out a sigh as I get out of the vehicle , take my things and making sure i lock the car. Learning from past experience, I never leave the car unlocked again.

I make my way to my office, having to greet people on the way, though I'm really not in the mood. "Good morning Mr.Tomlinson, I see you were having a bit of a lie in today." Clarice my assistant says, as she giggles. Ugh, it takes everything in me to not fire her on spot. She may be one very annoying woman, but I'm not stupid enough to fire the best employee I have.
"Good morning, Clarice. Actually, I just had a busy morning is all." I smile back. What? No one has to know I overslept.

I sent Clarice to go get me a cup of coffee, as I start on my work. Can't let another minute slide considering I'd have to stay at work later than I would usually. I'd hate to have that happen again.
——————
Well it did. My two meetings took longer than anticipated, and there was a lot of paperwork i had to do. It is now 8:15 o'clock, and I'm in my car driving home. It's not too dark yet, considering it's summer time. So I roll down the window to get some fresh air.

As I near the street of my house, I spot kind of a basket randomly sitting on the ground by the small playground. I don't think much of it and continue to drive. That's until I hear soft cries coming from somewhere near. It's probably some kid who is forced to go inside after a long day of playing with their parent, but I stop the car anyways...just in case.

I get out and search for the sound to figure out from where it comes. And my eyes widen in shock as I see the same basket I just saw. "Oh no, it can't be." I'm telling myself, as I walk up to the basket. The cries get louder and louder with each step I take.

I look into the basket and sees the most adorable baby bundled up in a blanket sitting in that god awful basket, just crying. I take a closer look at it and see a small note by the legs of the baby. I pick it up, unfold it and read, 'Her name is Isabelle rose, please take care of her. Thank you, whoever you are.'

If I wasn't before, then I am defiantly furious now. How can a parent do something like this. Leave their newborn child in the middle of the streets, expecting someone nice to find them and take care of them so they could live happily ever after?! Shit doesn't work like that!

"What the hell am I supposed to do?" I say frustrated, still speaking with myself. The best and only thing I can do to at least ease the situation is to calm her down. So that's what I do. I slowly pick her up and put her to my chest and can instantly hear her cries die down. Though she must be hungry, and definitely in need of a diaper change....

After sitting there for a few minutes with the baby in my arms trying to figure out what on earth I should do, I decide to just bring her home. I mean...what could possibly go wrong?

——————-

Sooooioo?? What did y'all think?
This is my first book and I literally decided to make this in the middle of the night. It is currently 4:30 am where I live and I reaaally need to go to sleep. Goodnight lovelies!! Hope you liked this chappie!!
Ps I'll probably update tmr!!
- R <3