AfterMath

It's been only a month since the Vampirism had ended.
The Armed Detectice Agency had obtained the page— and fixed everything—
It was big news, really— it was all over the place.. their new fame, the drama, the interrogation, the questions—
They were innocent.

But with the Hunting Dogs..

Gen'ichirō— Ōchi Fukuchi— the Commander of the Hunting Dogs—
He had been arrested and taken into custody, leaving Teruko Ōkura, the former vice commander in charge as the new one.

Michizō Tachihara never broke his news as a double agent to the rest of the Port Mafia, even if Mori figured it out and assigned that to him.

Tetchō Suehiro— he's still Tetchō. Stupid, airheaded, strong, blunt Tetchō.

But he's missing one thing.

The love of his life—
His partner.

Saigiku Jōno.

He was dead.
Killed.
Murdered.

And Tetchō's afraid—
Afraid of himself, everything- everyone— and the future.
He doesn't want to forget him.

He had been too late to save Jōno—
After he has fought Kenji Miyazaki in search for him at the airport, taking a break with the young boy after using all their power. After that, the two went on searching for Jōno, only to find him dying in an empty room. Akutagawa— he had brought him along in the vent.. but didn't turn him. Brought him along, but wouldn't even infect Jōno to keep him even just a bit alive.
It would have hurt to see Jōno as a vampire— craving, attacking— attacking Tetchō.

But he wishes that it should've been that way.

Fukuchi tried to kill him. Jōno.

Tetchō despises him for that. The man he once looked up to as a pinnacle— a beacon of Justice— someone he admired—
Was nothing but a fucking traitor.

He had been in the Hunting Dogs for years. YEARS, and everyone had trust in Fukuchi. And he betrayed that trust, for a stupid grudge.
He killed half the population. He was a fucking terrorist.

Tetchō had prioritized the love of his life over the future of the world searching.

And he knows that.

Jōno had a funeral. Fukuchi wasn't allowed to attend-
After all, nobody thought he deserved it. Not a single soldier, not a single Hunting Dog.
Even Teruko was starting to see him differently. Now with a newfound hatred for the man she once looked up to. That really— really said something.

Tetchō kept a straight face the entire funeral. He keeps trying— trying to delude himself into believing Jōno's alive.
He isn't.

Who was going to talk with him? Argue over stupid things with him? Hold him as he was asleep? Remind him to take care of his wounds?

He hates it all—
But he can't believe Jōno's dead.

Tetchō got to see Jōno one last time. Face up in a lowered casket.

The last thing he did was plant a shaky— gentle kiss on his lips.

He didn't let his emotions out until he got home.

The moment he got home, he broke down. Tetchō screamed so much, that he couldn't make out a single word the next day.

So much, so much agony— his pillows tear stained—
He grew depressed.

Despite Yosano's healing and ability, it's only healed his physical wounds.

His emotional wounds— his mental ones, would NEVER scar over.