Chapter 1

"Cheers!"
Everyone raised their glasses and shouted together. During all the noise I took a moment to glance around the venue again. A large golden chandelier hung right above the dining table. The cast and crew are eating and drinking wine. It was the same as any other release party I've been to. It's all beginning to become bland. I considered skipping this one but I guess it wouldn't be right for the leading actor to not show up to the release of his movie. I glance over at the actress beside me to find her staring at me, smiling widely. I tried to pretend I didn't notice by turning the other way but of course it didn't stop her from tapping my shoulder. "Elias, what's wrong?" She whispers a little too close for comfort. "Nothing, just tired" I replied putting on what I hoped was a convincing smile. " Aww well, how about we go somewhere quieter, just you and me?" She gave me an innocent face that I'm sure would fool many other actors. "No, thanks I'm just going to head home now" I rose out of my seat not drawing any of the other guests attention. "What?" She pouted "But it's only seven" I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and smiled. "Sorry, maybe next time" She and I both knew it wasn't going to happen.
I excused myself from the table and exited the room ignoring the dismay from the cast. As I approached the end of the hall, I heard the familiar voice and of my manager talking to some girl that looked vaguely familiar. " Yeah, I guess I've gotten to know him pretty well over the last year" Mr.Smith was leaning against the wall looking annoyingly smug. I stayed out of sight and observed the conversation since it was obvious I was being talked about. "I've been a fan for so long, but it was pure luck that I ended up working on this movie with him even if I never got to talk to him." Of course, I've worked with fans a few times and typically I'd prefer not to. Fans tend to get touchy, invasive or just annoying. I hadn't had any problems with this girl though. "So, what is he like off camera?" The girl asked Mr.Smith rolls his eyes "Ah he's not really as charming as he acts on camera" Ever since Mr.Smith was hired he's always been an ass-kisser. He was always telling me how good I'm doing to the point where I started suspecting that it wasn't genuine. Even so, I was surprised by his bold disrespect.
"To be honest he's actually really annoying."
"Really!?"
"Yeah he's like a man-child, I just don't saying anything so I won't damage his fragile little ego"
"Is it okay for you to say stuff like that about him though, won't you get in trouble?"
" Don't worry about it, I'm just trying to make sure you're not idolizing the wrong guy. But you know what they say, never meet your idols" His sickening grin and even more sickening flirtatious voice was making my blood boil. I wonder if he's done this before, badmouthing me to my fans.
"I guess you're right, I can't expect him to be the same off camera. But still, he's very talented, I mean he's come far in just three years of acting"
"Ha! He's hardly talented. He may have gotten popular quickly but he's already losing popularity."
What? Losing popularity? Maybe he's making that up. He has to be. That asshole has been telling me all this time that I've been doing great.
    "Haven't you seen what everyone's been saying? Elias has gotten stale, boring and predictable. Besides, everyone in show business knows that he's only gotten this far because of his mom" Before I even realize what I'm doing, I'm standing in front of Mr.Smith, grabbing at his collar.
"What the hell is your problem man?!" His eyes opened wide and glanced over at the girl that had backed away in shock.
"Elias!? Listen I wasn't -" I couldn't even listen to whatever excuse he tried to sell me. It was like all I could hear was my blood pumping in my ears
"Save it!" I let go of his shirt pushing him into wall behind him "You're fired"
"Wait! Elias, listen to me!" I turned my back and noticed a crowd forming around us. I quickly pushed past them and rushed outside and to my car. The rest of the night was practically a blur for me.
    The next morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. At least I thought it was my alarm going off until it stopped. I got up from bed and rubbed my eyes, still feeling groggy. I reached for my phone on my bed stand. My eyes widened as soon as I turned it on. 7 missed calls. All of which from my agent.
Shit.