𝔻𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

Please read description first!

~~~

POV: Eddie has always been saying "I love you" to tombstones and graves, to which he never heard and never expected to hear anything back. Whenever the person he said those words to  was alive, they always rejected him. Eddie never believed that anyone could ever love him. So this surprises Eddie when someone states that they love Eddie. 

~~~

"𝔸𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕙𝕖, 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕤 𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕."

~~~

It was a normal day for Y/N, a day where no sacrifices came in. A chance for Eddie to work on his graves, Danny to steal Ray's eyes, Cathy to relax, and what ever the heck Gray and Zack do.

As always, Y/N went to B4 to go look for dandelions.

"Hey Eddie!" Y/N chimed in her cheery tone. "Oh, hi Y/N!" Eddie said. Y/N saw that he had been working hard at his graves, as always. Y/N looked at the masked-boy in admiration.

Y/N never understood what drives Eddie to work so hard on his graves. Perhaps he just loved this hobby of his so much that it just drove him to keep on doing what he does, or maybe it's the thought of finally making things his.

Eddie had smelled of flowers and dirt. Even though this sounded weird, Y/N always liked this scent. Not only because she was so accustomed to it that her mind automatically associated it with Eddie, but because she always thought that scent fit his aesthetic well. He was a tough grave keeper, but also easily one of the kindest.

"May I have some Dandelions?" Y/N asked. "Sure! But why do you need them?" Eddie asked, already used to this question as the girl and him had the same discussion over and over again, but never did she say why. The girl asked the grave keeper so much, that it's already a routine for him to put the dandelions in a corner and save them for when the girl comes down to ask again. 

 "You know, I just like them Eddie!" The girl retaliated back with a giggle. Eddie smiled and sighed, unsurprised that Y/N excused his question once again. "Fine, there should be some in that same corner over there." Eddie replied, before turning back his attention to the grave he was working on. "Oh, thank you Eddie!!" Y/N said as she ran up and hugged him from behind. Eddie felt his heart about to burst, and immediately dropped his things and turned to hug the H/C-haired-girl back, feeling comfort in her warm embrace. He also felt relieved that she couldn't see his tomato face right now, as he would never hear the end of Y/N's teasing and joking.

Both Y/N and Eddie pulled away from the hug after a couple of seconds, and then Y/N went to the corner where Eddie directed her to get some dandelions. Y/N grabbed 2 handfuls, and soon started walking back to the elevator reach her floor. Y/N then got into the elevator and waved Eddie goodbye, to which Eddie soon responded with a big smile and a wave. 

Eddie stared at her as she walked past him, to when she left. He stared at her as if she was the prettiest girl in the world, stared at her as if she was beautiful treasure he had to steal so that the world wouldn't ever taint her beauty and innocence, a treasure he would want by his side forever because nobody could ever deserve such a angelic possession.

Obsession was swallowing him up, and he couldn't help but embrace it.

~

Eddie really couldn't take it anymore. Every time he saw Y/N, his heart skipped a beat. He was daydreaming while carving a name for a fallen sacrifice, when he saw himself absentmindedly carving Y/N's name into the tombstone. Eddie noticed this but continued carving and carving until the sweet letters,  "Y/N L/N" were perfectly placed into the center of the tombstone.