o. cast

KICK IT!
KICK IT!
KICK IT!

❝ MY GRANDFATHER MAY HAVE BEEN A WISE KARATE MASTER, BUT HE NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING ABOUT DEALING WITH HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA

❝ MY GRANDFATHER MAY HAVE BEEN A WISE KARATE MASTER, BUT HE NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING ABOUT DEALING WITH HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA. GUESS THAT'S AN ADVANCED LEVEL TECHNIQUE...❞

MEET DANIELLE AYO MIYAGI, or Dani for short, the Nigerian-Japanese karate superstar with a lineage that would make even Bruce Lee do a double take. From the moment she came into this world, it was like karate knew it had found its prodigy, ready to wrap its energetic embrace around her tiny fists. Why? Because Danielle's grandpa was none other than Noriyoshi Miyagi, the legendary sensei who brought balance to the Valley. And Danielle was destined to carry on his legacy.

Martial arts became Danielle's way of life even before she could take her first wobbly steps. Guided by her doting grandpa, she dived into the art with natural passion and skill that set her apart from the rest. While other kids were learning ABCs, Danielle mastered the crane kick and wax on, wax off like a true prodigy. Growing up in a world where Mr. Miyagi's wisdom served as a playlist of life advice, she eagerly absorbed every lesson like a curious sponge.

Gold medals and first place trophies were her buddies, whether it was in Karate or Gymnastics. Standing on podiums, chest swelling with pride, while the crowd roared with applause—those victories were a testament to her talent and a reminder that she was fighting not just for herself but for her family's legacy. And let's be real, she didn't exactly hate the attention that came with it either.

However, tragedy struck when the inevitable passing of Mr. Miyagi shattered Danielle's heart, leaving behind a lingering and agonizing void. But from that moment, something shifted within her—a rebellious fire ignited, fueling a raw and untamed spirit. She transformed, infusing discipline with wild and unbridled energy. Now unshackled by tradition, she embraced the darker edges of her nature, carving a path that was entirely her own, refusing to be subdued or held back.

As she tirelessly honed her martial arts skills under the unwavering guidance of her new sensei, Chozen Toguchi, Dani relentlessly sought liberation from the stifling chains of tradition. Each grueling training session transformed into a fierce battle, not only against physical opponents but also against the limitations of her own self. Tomi Village, her cherished childhood home, became more than just a peaceful backdrop—it carried the weight of her grandfather's revered legacy, even in his absence. The weight of expectations grew to be sky-high, and the relentless scrutiny that accompanied being a Miyagi threatened to suffocate her. Everyone seemed to have an opinion on how she should behave and who she should become, getting to be downright suffocating at times. Yet, deep down a fire burned within her, craving something more. Something bigger something wilder.