chapter one

Ilkay raised the trophy, the crowd erupted in cheers and support for the blues. Alex grabbed her microphone and headphones, nudging her camera man to follow her as she made her way down to the pitch.

Alex looked around as she walked across the greenery but she had to do her job right now instead of getting caught up on the beauty of this day. Alex briskly walked towards the crowd of players.

"May we ask you some questions" she asked generally before getting a reply for number 10, Jack Grealish. Alex signaled for the camera man to start recording.

"I'm Alex Locke, here with the blues' one and only, Jack Grealish. So Jack how are you feeling about this win that I don't think many Cityzens expected due to Arsenal's domination of the PL table at the start of the season." Alex moved her mic towards Jack

"Well I'm really proud of Ilkay, Erling, all of the squad to be honest. I think we've really worked hard for this win and Pep has motivated us all the way. I couldn't ask for a better manager."

"What's next for you and squad, the treble?"

"The treble is absolutely up there but I think most of us are more bothered about how many days we get to celebrate" the two laughed in unison

"I'll let you get back to celebrating with your team mates. Congratulations" Alex shook Jack's hand before he walked away to join Alvarez and Gundo. City's number 9 then approached the two.

"It looks like we are now joined by the top goal scorer himself. Congratulations on your win"

"Thank you, I really don't know what to say, I'm super proud of everyone, I never expected my debut to be this successful" Alex looked up at him, his eyes meeting hers. Alex shrugged and looked back down

"Any more goals up your sleeve or are you waiting for the next 2 finals you have to look forward to? "

"I'd love to score more goals and I think I can do so much better than I have in these last few matches but yes perhaps I can score some in the UCL and Fa cup final"

"I'm sure the Cityzen's are backing you all the way, once again congratulations, Erling and enjoy all the celebrations you have to look forward to" and with that the recording stopped and Alex placed her mic in her belt holster.

"You should come to our after party, the both of you!" Erling gleamed at the both of them. What kind of journalist would Alex be to reject this exciting offer.

"we'd love to!" Sam, Alex's camera man replied before Alex could even open her mouth.

"great we'll see you there" The striker winked before skipping to join his sqaud.

Author note: This is a short a sweet chapter to start of this book but trust me I have more in store