Chapter 4: Second Meet

Scarlet was on her way to the cafe when she got a call.
She slowed down and put the call on speaker, it was Xite.

Scarlet: "Yes Xite tell me."

Xite: "The model you asked me to email has already replied.

Scarlet: "Great .. tell him to be ready for the interview, Friday, 9:00 a.m. I'll personally be interviewing him."

Xite: "Noted, I'll send you a brief description of his past record."

Scarlet: "Sure, I'll check it out in a bit. "

Xite: "Alright."

Scarlet hung up and focused on the road.
It was around 9:50 when she got to the cafe, she parked her car nearby and started walking towards the cafe.

When she entered the cafe, she was surprised to see the soft aesthetic of the place, she felt like the odd one present there, no one there except her was wearing a business suit after all.

She asked one of the people working there, "Hey excuse me I apologize for disrupting your work but could you please check and tell me if there's a reservation for Ms. Maurice, there was no one at the counter."

"Oh I am so sorry! Just give me a minute and I'll check it out." The worker rushed towards the register. "This dumb dude where'd he go leaving the counter." She muttered to herself.
She followed the worker to the counter "Please take your time."
"Thank you, just a moment-" she said while typing." Yes! There is a reservation for Ms.Maurice and Mr. Ace." The girl said with a smile.

"I believe that's correct." She smiled then whispered to herself, "God I don't even know his name." She sighed "Could you please show me the table?

"Oh! Yes of course please follow me." The worker started walking, leading her to the table reserved for her.

After the worker showed her the seat, Scarlet sat down, pulled out her phone and started scrolling through her text to find Xite's to check out the model's history in the meantime.
She was still scrolling through her phone when she felt someone walk up right next to her, she instinctively looked up and saw a man and figured it was 'Mr. Ace', to be completely honest, he was a hot looking guy but she wasn't here for love, was she?

She stood up and asked, "Mr. Ace? I suppose that's you."
The man gave her a weary smile, "Yeah, that is me." He said sitting down along with Scarlet.

"I did not expect you, I'll be honest, when I heard Mr. Ace I didn't assume it would be Mark Ace, the actor." She sighed.
"Forced?" He asked, an expression of defeat plastered on his face.
"You know it... Sorry if that wasn't the answer you expected." She looked at him.
"Not at all, in fact, I'm in the same position as you, but who knows maybe we'll have a good time today." He smiled.
"I hope so-" she was cut off by an employee.

"Sir, what would you like to have?" A deep voice spoke up from behind Scarlet.
She looked up to see the man from earlier, reading his nametag she finally came to know his name.

Kyan, Kyan Garnet.

"Oh- um- actually why don't you order first Scarlet?" He said pleading to get some time to decide what he wants.

"Sure, I'll get lemon tea and a red velvet pastry, thank you." She said and flashed a small smile to the man who was now writing down her order.
"I'll get a black coffee and a chocolate cake." He said.

"Anything else?" He asked looking at Scarlet.

"No thank you." She tried hard to maintain her composure but from the inside, she felt like a little girl who would jump in excitement from seeing him again.