-

It happened a week before you officially started your second year of high school in a completely new, unfamiliar town.

You strolled through the park to get used to your way around the town. However, since it was already 8:40 p.m. and thus dark, you didn't pay much attention to your surroundings any longer and instead you scrolled through your phone. Your long, painted fingernails tapping on the screen was the only sound that disturbed the otherwise peaceful quiescence.

That's when something different suddenly ripped apart that silence.

"Ooiii, sexy lady, what are you doing here this late, hm?", a complete stranger asked and stood up from one of the benches.

Immediately, the disgust showed on your face and you thought ignoring him was the way to go. Hence, you didn't answer and hastily walked past him. The young man, however, didn't stop and instead, he followed you while spouting nonsense like, "Come on, you're suuuuper erotic, you've just waited for someone to pick you up, right? Don't be shy now."

You didn't really know what that idiot meant; you literally wore a hoodie and short pants with some stockings. There was nothing revealing or tantalizing about your outfit. Even if you had chosen to wear something more saucy it wouldn't have made this interaction any better or more acceptable.

Sadly, ignoring him didn't help and despite your usual short-temper, he was still a guy probably much stronger than you. Hence, while you were boiling inside and so close to exploding, you opted for something else when you saw another dark figure walking in the park. It was the only way to get out of this now.

As you walked even quicker, you could finally properly make out the unfamiliar figure was another man, probably also in his teens, thus you started running towards him. Now, you only had to pray he wasn't a creep either, but you hoped for the best here.

"Daaarling~ you're finally here!", you chirped ecstatically and glomped a complete stranger, "I missed you so much, you kept me waiting!"

That stranger was no other than Miyamura. Despite his initial shock, because suddenly a girl hung onto his arm and pressed into him like crazy, when he looked at your distressed face, he immediately knew this wasn't some joke. And before he could say something, the young man from before appeared as well and he started cursing, "Fucking bimbo. Why are you dressed like that if you have a boyfriend, hah Bitch?! Hoe!"

Even though his knees were shaking a little, Izumi didn't think twice when he pushed you behind him further so the man couldn't look at you anymore. As he desperately searched for the right words to say, the way he glared at the guy must have been scary enough.

"Whatever, fucking pavement princess."

Then the guy finally left.

"Pavement princess...? What the fuck!?", you growled to yourself as you really had to hold back not to curse loudly - if that creep would hear and turn back, things would become very messy.

Instead, you finally looked up to the boy you had glomped.

"I thought my heart was about to give in.", Izumi gasped as he clutched his chest, visibly scared but also relieved.

And when your eyes met, a strong "badump" in your chest caught you off-guard for a second. That he was scared but still stood in front of you and saved you was seriously admirable and the stranger wasn't even that bad looking either, rather the opposite. For a moment, Izumi and you stared at each other, before you realized you hadn't said anything and was still glued to his arm. That was embarrassing.

"Ah! I'm so sorry I suddenly did that and thank you so much for saving me!", you hastily let go of his arm and stumbled back a little so you could bow properly.