Cat's Cradle

" THEY SAY THAT WHEN A TARGARYEN IS BORN, THE GODS FLIP A COIN..... "

MAEGORA TARGARYEN WAS NAMED after a cruel king, although Maegora herself was not cruel like her ancestor

Many of her family had been plagued either by cruelty or madness that was incomprehensible to normal folk— something that could only be linked to the work of the Gods. Targaryens had sat in fear of their familial curse for years, waiting for the band to snap and for the madness or the cruelty to burns at the seams and swallow the House whole. Perhaps it was to do within their obsession to guarantee a pure Valyrian bloodline, the constant pressure to marry back into the family despite the prior relations may be enough to send one into such a state of frenzy. Perhaps the idea of marrying one's own niece rather than the woman you love would be enough to send you in a rampage of fury, maybe being bedded and bred by your cousin or uncle instead of a man of your choosing (and age) would be enough to send you insane, plaguing you with the echo's of voices that belong to no body.

Despite this, the Targaryens were determined to ensure the old blood of Valyria continued to flow, each nick, cut and stab proved their pureblooded-ness and their true connection to their sacred position at the Iron Throne.

Aegon II was born in a red moon, several hours after his older sister, Maegora. Both were named after cruel and vicious kings of old, both already subjected to the hereditary curse straight after birth. It worsened every Name Day, every day their ancestry was celebrated, and their blossoming was shared to the smallfolk.

The whole of Westeros sits in a fearful silence when a Targaryen is born, waiting anxiously for the inevitable.

The House of Dragon can survive fire, but not themselves.

(They are not the God's chosen ones.)

(They will destroy themselves.)

)