ACT I: Chapter 1

ACT I

Setting: Tek City Year: 2080

Alex looks in the mirror. Alex: "It's finally time."

Alex dials the number for the rehab facility. Alex: "Will I be able to visit Nina Reto?"

Receptionist: "Yes, just come here with your ID to prove you're related to her in some way."

Alex: "No problem."

Alex takes his hoverboard, throws it on the ground, and jumps on it, riding all the way to the rehabilitation facility.

Alex provides all the necessary information and proceeds to Nina Reto's room.

Alex: "Hey, mom."

Nina: "Sweetie, how are you?"

Alex: "Today's the day, the Police Entry Competition."

Nina: "You know you don't have to be like us, Alex. Being an officer is dangerous."

Alex: "But I always looked up to dad. I want to be just like him." And I have to know who killed him, Alex thinks to himself.

Nina: "I was an officer just like your father, sweetie. I'm telling you from experience, that field is dangerous."

Alex: "Mom, just believe in me. Just watch, I'm going to win that competition and come back to show you my badge."

Nina sighs. Nina: "You're just as stubborn as Ricardo."

Alex: "I am my father's son," Alex says with a smile.

Nina: "Well, come on, get outta here. You don't want to be late," she says, giggling from Alex's previous statement.

Alex: "Kicking me out already? Just playing. See you after the competition, Mom!"

Alex runs out as he's almost late.

After Alex leaves, Nina coughs up blood heavily. You've got this in the bag, Alex, Nina thinks to herself.

Alex arrives at the Tek City Police Department Entrance and reads a sign that says, "Please wait in front of the big screen by the patio."

Alex walks inside and goes to the patio, only to see hundreds of people there to compete.

?: "T-t-there are so many people h-h-here. Are more going to be w-w-watching?" they shriek in nervousness.

?: "Calm down. We've trained for years for this, and besides, you're too strong to be worrying like this. Not stronger than me, though."

A blonde kid runs into the patio. ?: "JUST IN TIME! Can't start the show without the star of it."

Everyone looks and turns away.

?: "HEY," he puts his head down.

A participant taps Alex on his shoulder. ?: "I happened to notice that your shoes were untied, sir."

Alex bends down to tie his shoe. Alex: "Thank you for tell-"

?: "What a silly mistake! For that, commit 'shippuku.'"

Alex: "You mean 'seppuku'?!?!"

?: "Oh my god, how foolish of me! For that, I must commit 'shippuku.'"

Alex: "It's 'seppuku,' dumbass, AND NO, KEEP THE BLADE AWAY FROM YOUR STOMACH."

?: "Relax, my blade is only wooden."

Alex: "Then how were you going to... you know what, never mind."

?: Those eyes, I've seen them before, the man thinks to himself.

?: "What's your name?"

Alex: "My name is Alexander. And you?"

?: "My name is Masamune."

Masamune's mom: "ETHAN! YOU FORGOT YOUR LUNCH!" as she runs towards Ethan.

Ethan: "Mother, how could you?" He falls to his knees with tears in his eyes while taking a bite out of his lunch.

Alex: Is he stupid? Alex thinks to himself.

Ethan's* mom: "Good luck! We'll be watching!"

Ethan: "Much gratitude, mother. I will win this for you and father! If I lose, for that..."

Alex: "NO SEPPUKU, DAMN IT!"

Ethan: "Did you go to East Tek Elementary?"

Alex: "Yeah, why?"

Ethan: "I've seen you before, but I just can't remember where, maybe in class."

Alex: "Well, maybe you'll remember as we go through this competition."

Everyone's attention diverts. The big screen turns on.

Everyone gasps.

"That's the head of Tek City Police."

Abel: "Hello, everyone! Welcome to Tek City Police Department. I am the head, Abel Don. All of you have come today for one thing, to join us, and here's to our annual 'Police Entry Competition.' With that being said, everyone, walk back into the building, and my second-in-command ,officer Nado, will explain all the events and rules you will have to deal with."