CHAPTER 6

I was in the car and looking outside the window the whole time . I was nervous about the whole process . To be honest I didn't know much about surrogacy , so it just added to the anxiety I was feeling . I was chewing the tip of my nail.

"Nervous?" Zayan asked me .

"Sort of" I replied not really caring much about the glares he gave me earlier . I just wanted to focus on myself instead of arguments with him.

"Don't be . Nobody has died out of surrogacy" He told me.

"Really ?" I asked him while turning my head towards his direction and he nodded while focusing on driving.

" But there are surely health risks . You might face a higher likelihood of gestational diabetes, maternal hypertension, pre-eclampsia, you might even give birth to a premature child" he told me and my eyes widened.

'Why didn't Ayan tell me all this ?' I wondered.

"What's pre-eclampsia?" I asked him while gulping down the nervous feeling inside me.

"It means an increase in blood pressure during pregnancy . How did not you know about this ? Didn't Ayan tell you or you did your own research" He asked me and at that point I realised how careless I actually have been in this whole situation. I didn't even bother to research anything in advance . But it doesn't matter now anyways . I will just gather all the information from today onwards.

I just decided to stay silent on his question. After all I don't want to give him negative points about me . He already disliked me enough, that he gets amused by my annoyance.

"Leave this...can I ask you one more question?" I asked and he nodded while still focusing on driving.

"Am I going to be pregnant today only?" I asked him .

"No , today your ovaries will be extracted and it will be made to fertilize with my sperm which is already in the lab . It will be fertilized using intrauterine insemination." He said and I frowned at the complex word.

"What ? What's that?" I asked him.

"Leave it . In short your ovaries will be fertilized with my sperm in the lab using technology" he told me and I nodded understanding.

"After that?" I asked him.

"After that , we will go there after 2 days when it's all done and the fertilized egg will be transferred into your body . But now that I think , I am not very sure , it can happen today too. But after that your health will be monitored and you will be given tablets to make sure you carry this pregnancy perfectly" He told me and I was thankful for him for telling all this openly and being more clear with his words to make sure I understand.

"Will it be a pain?" I asked him after sometime and he stopped the car on the side.

"The process? Or giving birth?" He asked me .

"The process " I cleared out while wiping the tears which formed in my eyes because of the nervousness and fear.

"It won't" He told me and got out of the car and I stared at his way . He opened the door of my side .

"Come out" he said and I looked at him .

"Is everything fine?" I asked and he nodded.