"Misfortune falls upon those who fail to recieve."

Victor looked around anxiously, now glaring at Thomas who was towering over him.
—————————————————————————
"Whats the matter, Vinny?" Thomas smirked, now crouching down to eye level. He lightly tugged Victor's hair, making him grunt angrily. Thomas let go, scoffing. "Feisty much. I don't understand why you're acting this way towards me." Thomas snickered, Victor was aware that Thomas was playing games with him. "Agh..." Victor grunted, struggling to move his broken body. He tried landing a punch, but his arms quickly gave out halfway. Salty tears formed in his eyes. Maybe from the smoke, dust, or the fact he broke the one promise he swore upon. "Why..." That was the only question Victor could ask. "Why? WHY?!" Thomas yelled, his tone turning cold. It was clear Victor underestimated how much power his opponent would have. "Time and time again you heroes have been given the opportunity to speak your mind. You were always the ones who got the last laugh. You called the shots. Even after all the countless times I saved this town it was always 'Victor's the hero! Thomas is the outcast!'" Thomas said, his voice growing more and more powerful as he began to laugh maniacally. "IT WAS ALWAYS YOU VICTOR! YOU GOT ALL THE PRAISE AND THE SPECIAL TREATMENT. I did numerous things to save this town that costed MY OWN LIFE! I SACRIFICED EVERYTHING I LOVED FOR A TOWN THAT WOULD NEVER RETURN THE FAVOR. YOU WERE ALWAYS BETTER... and now it's my turn to play hero. I was too busy saving these town folks' lives, I forgot I had one of my own." Thomas smiled. "But not anymore." Victor sat there, coughing as he looked at Thomas. He bent down and took the necklace wrapped around Victor's neck. On it was a gem that held all of his power. "Who have you become, Thomas..." Victor asked, staring at him. "...Myself." Thomas smiled, crushing the necklace in his fist.