five.

Everyone turned to look

Everyone turned to look. It was quite a small island. It had a city, but the lights weren't on -- which Edmund found really weird. The place gave him a strange feeling. It was suspicious and made him feel uncomfortable, causing him to shift around slightly.

Edmund turned to Caspian and said, "Cas, it looks like no one is there."

"Well, we'll just go," Caspian decided, "and see what kind of stuff we can find there."

Edmund sighed, nodding, and walked back to his room. His mind hadn't stopped thinking about the training -- about how Caspian pulled Edmund towards him.

Edmund shook his head. He should stop. Nothing would've happened -- he probably was about to bring him in for a brotherly hug. He can't have wanted to do anything else. It would've been wrong. But if it was wrong -- why did Edmund think he'd have enjoyed it?

He laid down on his bunk, his mind still racing. He felt like he had only laid there for a few minutes, overthinking, when he heard footsteps.

Edmund sighed, not wanting to talk to anyone. He closed his eyes. The footsteps stopped by his bed -- Edmund could feel eyes looking at him, and he froze, not understanding why they're so interested in stopping him from 'sleeping'.

"Edmund?" Caspian whispered. "Are you awake?"

Of course, it was Caspian. The one person he couldn't get out of his head, but also his only friend.

He opened his eyes, squinting. "Caspian?" He asked, his voice groggy because he hadn't talked in a while.

Caspian smiled. "I want to show you something," he said.

The brunet held his hand out for Edmund to grab. Smiling slightly, Edmund took his hand, and Caspian helped pull him up. Surprisingly, Caspian didn't pull his hand away from Edmund's, but the raven-haired boy wasn't complaining -- Caspian's hand was warm and soft; nice to hold.

Caspian dragged Edmund around the ship, and he noticed that the candles were lit.

How long had he been in that room?

They walked out onto the deck, and it was night time.

"Oh, my gosh. Caspian, I didn't mean to stay in my room so long." Edmund sighed, putting his hands to his face, embarrassed. He didn't think he had spent that long in there, overthinking.

Caspian chuckled. "Edmund, don't worry, it's fine."

He placed his hands on Edmund's, and, gently, pried them away from his face. He slipped them into his again, interlacing their fingers.

Edmund looked up, and found that Caspian was already staring at him. They held eye contact, and neither of them moved -- that was until Edmund stepped forward, feeling a sudden change of emotion as he saw Caspian's eyes dart down to look at his lips again.