1. Xiao | Rent A Boyfriend | Fluff

It all started when...

"Y/N, you know it's a double date right!?" the voice of a girl could be heard screaming from the phone Y/N was holding

"I know! I have, a date I promise!"

"And when did you get a guy?"

"Ju-just wait for us near the fountain..." Just like that, the call ended. Sara, Y/N's friend was too scared to go on a date alone and Y/N being the absolute kindest person thought of a double date without even realizing, she lacked the main thing... a date.

Disaster or not she decided to go on the app "rent a boyfriend", seemed promising or was it just the situation?

'Gosh, there is a famous group... Anemo?'

click

'Venti? Like the Starbucks drink size?'

A neatly organized website page came up of about 5 guys, Venti, Scara, Heizou, Kazuha, and uhh... Xiao?

All of them seemed to be busy on that particular date, except... you guessed it! Xiao.
The one she was the least excited about as the bio clearly stated 'introvert and rude', the worst guy for her particular situation but at least he would have a reason to be quiet.

She decided to text him after she filled up her online form, but it seemed he texted her first.

Xiao : Seems like you lied to your friend

'such a jerk... just do your job!' no matter how much she wanted to say that, she had to be kind.

Y/N : I hope you got all the details you need from the form.

Xiao : Really? A cinema date?

Y/N decided to ignore him and go to bed, tomorrow would be a big day after all.

---------

"You are 10 minutes late," said the guy wearing an all-black outfit, it suited him not gonna lie.

"Yeah? Sorry about that," replied the blonde, there was no trace of Sara or Itto around. Such a bummer, she decided to text Sara that they will be waiting at a café.

"What would you like to order?"

"Two cups of... Coffee?" Y/N looked at Xiao as he nodded.

"Coming right up!" The waitress happily left.

Xiao seemed to be in a daze looking outside. 'Is he always like this?' she wondered.

"What? Why are you staring at me?" Y/N popped out of her bubble instantly as he asked.

"Nothing, uh... why do you work as a rent boyfriend?" Now that she said it, he seemed less like a rent boyfriend and more like a 'forced-into-a-date' stranger.

"My friends forced me to, we were short on money. Nothing else,"

Ting

Sara : Sorry, Something came up. I won't be able to come

sigh

"What's wrong?" Xiao's eyes looked into hers.

"They won't be coming," She looked down feeling guilty, her money was now wasted on a rent boyfriend.

Xiao didn't say a thing weirdly enough.

"Your coffee." The waitress served their coffee while Y/N still looked as melancholy as ever.

Xiao took a sip of his coffee and instantly cringed at the taste, "bitter..." he whispered to himself before talking again "You can come with me to my place, you don't seem to have any other plans today right?"

Strange how he felt so comfortable with that.

"I can?" He nodded and waited for her to finish her coffee.

Y/N suddenly realized and laughed "You don't like the taste of coffee?" Xiao shied away and nodded a little.

--------

"Look!" A guy with two braided hair strands spoke, 'is this the Starbucks cup guy?' she thought.

"Am I seeing this right? Xiao brought a girl over?" The white-haired guy asked.

"Shut up before I kill you," Xiao said menacingly, but the words were taken as a playful joke by everyone else, it seems they are close.

Y/N's hand gets dragged by... Heizou was it? He drags her to the sofa and sits beside her "He is your hired boyfriend right?" she nods and Heizou looks happier.

"When I checked the app, every one of you was busy except Xiao at this hour." As Y/N said that everyone awkwardly laughed except Xiao, who was in disbelief.

"Wait you guys planned this all along!?"

"You never had a client before, we had to. But we never thought you would bring her home~" The purple-haired guy smirked.

Xiao at this point seemed very pissed off, he took her hand and dragged her to his room. Everyone else was surprised at his change of demeanor.

He made her sit on his bed as he pulled down the curtains, at this point she was confused as to what his idea was but then he opened the home theater curtain.

"What kind of movies do you like?" He asked her, giving her the remote. "Anything is fine with me, as long as it isn't explicit" He raised an eyebrow at her and sat down beside her, "Why not?" He teased her but it seemed as if it was a real question.

"uh... That would be awkward?" she looked at him, and he shook his head in embarrassment. "Right, I don't know what came over me. What about this movie?" He put on a random movie, that seemed like a zombie one. What a choice.

Within minutes they were both tired, Xiao noticed how tired she looked and pulled a blanket over them. "Sleepy?" she nodded and put her head on Xiao's shoulder and his face instantly turned bright red. "Am I allowed to do this?" she whispered moving her head away and in an attempt to say yes he pushed her head back down on his shoulder.

This is the calmest Xiao has ever felt, ironically enough they were watching the most gore zombie movie known to man. Thankfully her eyes were closed as she drifted to sleep. He turned the movie off and drifted to sleep too.

"Xiao! What are doin- oh."