Panic Attack

Being the younger Prince of Asgard's personal servant certainly had its perks. You got paid well enough to send the extra money to your struggling family, and the work was easy enough that you never had trouble completing it. Another perk was that you know the Prince in a way not many did. In fact, you were quite proud to say you considered him a close friend. Though your position didn't stop you from forming a romantic attachment to the young Royal. You would never let him know of it, and you thought yourself quite good at hiding the growing feelings from him.

The funny thing is, he thought the same of his feelings for you. You didn't know this, because the Prince was very good at acting, but he longed for you. He knew it was wrong of him, to fall for a servant, at least from his father's point of view, his mother just wanted him to be happy.
He often dreamed of what could be, had he not been born who he was. Of the life, he could have with you if only he were not a Prince. The only way he could truly be with you was in his dreams.

If only you two knew what would happen in the next day.

It all starts in a tavern.
He frequents taverns, in disguise, of course, he is after all a Prince. He enjoyed watching how other people lived. It was where he often dreamed about a normal life with you. In his dreams, the two of you would dance and drink with merriment, living and loving as free as birds.

Your friends had finally managed to drag you out for a night of fun. They claimed you worked too much, but they didn't know about your feelings for the Prince, and how you would work as often as possible to see him, so you let it slide.
They dragged you into a tavern.
Loki was ready to leave at this point, two men had spilled their drinks on him, and several prostitutes had propositioned him, he really shouldn't have made his disguise so attractive. Then his eyes catch the doors and your group comes through. His heart nearly beats out of his chest, and his stomach leaps into his throat.
You look positively enchanting.

Your hair is adorned with various braids and your outfit is green and gold, his signature colors.
He wishes more than ever he could be yours at this moment.
He stands and moves to a spot closer to where your group sits, so he can eavesdrop on the conversation.

"So, y/n, anyone caught your eye?" Your blonde friend, Skyler, asks, glancing around the tavern.
You shake your head.
"You barely even looked!" Abby scoffs.
"I don't need to look to know none of them will be worth it." You deny, "I work far too much to fan the flames of love."
Ruthie looks at you suspiciously, narrowing her eyes before they widen and she gasps, "I know why you work so much!"
You look at her in slight fear, "Why is that?"
"Prince Loki, obviously. He probably has you clean up after all his messes."
You let out a breath of relief, taking a sip of your mead, "No actually, he keeps pretty clean. Prince Thor's personal servant, however, has much more trouble."
"Well, that is to be expected from the next King of Asgard."
You frown, "Prince Loki would make a much better King than Prince Thor."

Loki listens even more intently now.

"Prince Thor may be the firstborn, but Loki is smarter than him. He is quite knowledgeable about whatever goes on in the Royal meetings. I've never attended one, but with how passionately he speaks about the issues when he's practicing his speeches with me, and how aggravated he is when he's done with them, Prince Thor and the royal advisors don't seem to care as much as he does about the kingdom."

He smiles to himself, you always listen intently when he's practicing for the meetings, it's one of the many things he loves about you.

Skyler smirks lightly, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you fancy him."
Your heart stutters, "Don't even joke about that. I could get fired if I did."

He frowns, 'Why would you get fired for liking me?'

"How would liking one of the Princes get you fired?"
"The All-Father doesn't think servants should even speak to royalty unless it's for work purposes. That's how." You respond glumly.

Loki rolls his eyes, 'Of course, only Father would think that.'

Suddenly the music picks up, your friends gasp pulling you up to dance with them.
You try with all your might to resist, only to get swept into the crowd.
Your entire body is tense. Loki can tell you are on the verge of a panic attack, you told him you got them in crowds.
He disengages his disguise, to your eyes only, and makes his way toward you.
You are glancing around the room, desperate for a gap in the crowd to escape.
A hand grabs your own and pulls you out of the horde of dancers.
You look up and lock eyes with the prince that has been plaguing your mind all night.
He places your hand on his heart, "Focus on my heartbeat." He speaks in a low tone, staring into your wide eyes.
Your eyes flutter shut and you drown out the sounds around you, feeling his beating heart against your palm.
From this close up he can see the glimmer of tears on your cheeks, how raw your lips are from biting them. He has never longed to kiss someone so badly.
Your breathing slows down enough that you can finally open your eyes.
He's staring at you, pupils dilated. One of his hands reaches up and caresses your face, gently.
Your fingers curl into the fabric of his tunic as you lean into his touch.
His heart beats faster, 'By the Norns, they are the most beautiful person I have ever met.' He looks at your lips, slowly leaning in.
You lean up, eyes fluttering shut again as his lips brush against yours.
Your free hand reaches up to curl into his hair. You press your lips against his firmly.
Warmth fills his chest as the kiss continues, this is better than he could have imagined.
When you eventually pull away for air, you rest your forehead against his.
"I love you." He whispers.
Your eyes suddenly lock with his, your face reddening, "I love you too."
He smiles gently, pressing his lips against yours again.