43| ɪ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ

This chapter might have Grammar mistakes. Since I published in a rush without checking the Grammar that much. If u find any mistakes and they need to be changed, let me know. And if you have any negative feedback to give me at the end of the chapter, DM ME PRIVATELY🙏
——————————————————————————

AT NIGHT 1 IN NAIROBI, KENYA...

Sahor wore Juma's attire and groaned in pain since it is close-fitting for him. But, quickly gritted his teeth to not allow the feeling of vulnerability. The shirt made his raw, red skin at some part of the body and the charred skin at some parts of the body sting as if a group of scorpions' telson which lies at the tip of its tail has been strafing him incessantly to instil its venom.

His body is filled with First-degree burns which affect only the outer layer of the skin. They cause pain, redness, and swelling. In some places, Second-degree burns affect both the outer and underlying layers of skin. They will also cause pain, redness, swelling, and blistering. Since, they tortured him as well as treated him, he has survived this long. But, on both the back side of his thighs, he got third-degree burns. Since, that spot was behind in a hidden way luckily, after the treatment, they did not remember that scar and the healing process is better.

As for his face, they fisted him with the brass knuckles. However. they did not pay attention to his face that much, being very much concentrated to burn his body with the flaming Iron rod.

The grey colour shirt turned wet with blood, but Sahor ignored it. He clenched his fist and felt ineffectual in Strength. However, that doesn't bother him. Since, he has gone through three missions before this, and got hurt, but never to this extent. Still, he never learned what is called Patience. Sahor's eyes fell on the door which is locked by Juma when he came inside.

Suddenly, he recalled the CCTV Camera. He tilted his head towards it and noticed, it has been turned OFF. He looked at Juma and wondered if he did it, but not cared about it. However, it was Juma(third-born) who did it with the help of Boubacar(Fourth-born). Both of them wanted to kill Sahor as soon as possible and their hastiness turned into a disaster for Juma just like how Sahor got trapped in the dungeon because of his hastiness to kill all in a snap.

Sahor decided to practice fighting against whoever he is gonna face using the iron rod. He gripped the iron rod tightly and began to swing. His grip loosened and the iron rod fell onto the ground. He cursed and leaned down as he felt a spasm in his torso and his burned skin felt another shot of sting. His jaw clenched as the veins at the side of his forehead popped out.

He felt drained and kneeled on the ground. The dim light overhead cast a soft glow, highlighting the burn scars that crisscrossed his skin. His laboured breaths mingled with the heaviness of the air.

Sahor's mind turned to her – His Goddess, His Pregnant Wife. How the gentle curve of her belly would be now as she carried their unborn baby, and how much he misses the warmth of her love which he feels every night when they cuddle has filled his thoughts. Guilt flooded his heart, threatening to drown him, as he remembered how he wasn't there when she needed him the most.

He clenched his scarred fists, his fingers digging into the rough floor. "Forgive me, Goddess.", he whispered, his voice a hoarse murmur against the silence. "Forgive me for the pain I've caused, for the worry that must be weighing on your heart.", he added on.

His mind replayed moments they had shared – laughter, fighting, the cosy nights when they are tangled in each other's warmth and talked about their unborn baby when she was not even pregnant.

Sahor's eyes slightly wavered, his scarred face contorting with a mixture of anguish and determination. The memory of her waiting, her delicate hands cradling her growing belly, fueled a fire within him. The image of her smiling face, tinged with worry, made his heartache. He could not bear the thought of her carrying the weight of his absence.